Rural Retreat, Va In The News Again Or The Fish Thread

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
major town elections today in rural retreat. remember to get out and vote everyone!

Rural Retreat: Town Council, three seats, candidates Michael Duncan, Peggy Hash, Michael Sobey, Brian “Cheese” Vaught, J.P. “Sean” Viars.

Virginia voters head to polls for city, town elections - HeraldCourier.com: Bristol Local News

and for good measure here is a fish.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Reactions: Bandwagon03

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
looks like our boy cheese came in 3rd place. it would have been nice for him to do better but there were 3 seats up for grabs so at least cheese will now be helping to make RR an even more wonderful place to live in an official government capacity.

Member Town Council (RURAL RETREAT) x3Results by Precinct
1 precincts of 1 (100.00%) reporting
CandidateVotesPercent
Michael K. Duncan 154 25.41%
Peggy M. Hash 106 17.49%
Michael J. Sobey 95 15.68%
Brian W. "Cheese" Vaught 109 17.99%
J. P. "Sean" Viars 142 23.43%
Write In 00.00%
Last Modified on 05/03/2016 07:23 PM

also i discovered the RR town crest features a fish so everything is right in the world now!

this will now be my small town avatar for the rest of the week. frankly im embarrassed RR was not my first thought for this ATW.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I believe Mr. Viars is the DRC alumni.

Congratulations to bandwagon03 (aka Sean Viars) on his victory!

Rural Retreat, VA: The Official Small Town of Digital Radio Central.

hold on. viars is really bandwagon? thats not a joke? well if thats the case screw cheese, way to go viars! thats awesome. we now have a direct pipeline to the inner governmental workings of the best town in at least the whole country and likely the world. this is amazing. hey bandwagon, first order of business...manatee appreciation day! get on that.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
hold on. viars is really bandwagon? thats not a joke? well if thats the case screw cheese, way to go viars! thats awesome. we now have a direct pipeline to the inner governmental workings of the best town in at least the whole country and likely the world. this is amazing. hey bandwagon, first order of business...manatee appreciation day! get on that.

No cheese. Puffy. Both Sean & the Manatees

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA

Yep. Sean Viars is bandwagon. That's kinda why we joke about Rural Retreat. You big dummy.

Reactions: Bandwagon03

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Hey ya'll. I appreciate all the well wishes, I have truly enjoyed serving the Town Of Rural Retreat the past 4 years, and I am looking forward to serving for 4 more!

I was wondering if anyone would notice the election, but you guys came through...

Thanks!

ok my mind could not be more blown right now. first i find out viars is bandwagon, then i find out hes just won an election and is councilman viars and now i learn that he was the incumbent and has already served 4 years in office. this is the most exciting thing to happen here at drc ever! (well maybe tied for the time when dab helped me fix my S50.)

usually posting about RR is just fun little town updates but all this news is earth shattering! congrats on the win councilman bandwagon! heres to another successful 4 years!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
ok my mind could not be more blown right now. first i find out viars is bandwagon, then i find out hes just won an election and is councilman viars and now i learn that he was the incumbent and has already served 4 years in office. this is the most exciting thing to happen here at drc ever! (well maybe tied for the time when dab helped me fix my S50.)

usually posting about RR is just fun little town updates but all this news is earth shattering! congrats on the win councilman bandwagon! heres to another successful 4 years!
He got my vote with the free pens he gave me.