Pets

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Growing up my aunt and uncle had 2 schnauzers and my uncle was a fireman so he got the obligatory dalmation. The schnauzers were misty and pepper and the dalmation was blaze. That dog was a nightmare. Uncle Paul tried to train it but that thing was untrainable. It was cute though.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Not sure if I mentioned this, but after we put down Jayne, our cat Nico starting crying for Jayne. He would sit by the garage door or sliders and look for her. It was sad. So we got Stella from a rescue. She's a very friendly and mellow 1 year old cat. She was originally placed in a home that had rambunctious kids, that she didn't do well with.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Do your cats ever go outside? You have the perfect home for that. With all the woods there is little concern that they would get hit by a car.

Growing up my folks had 2 outside cats. Then in high school I found Tom. He became an indoor/outdoor cat...and then all indoor when they moved to FL. In PA he brought lots of carcass treats to my door. It's gross but also sweet that they are nice enough to want to share their food with us.

One time I was on my lower floor patio with a girl and Tom strolled up with a bloody dead rabbit in his mouth as a treat for us. Sadly the girl wasn't thrilled with the delicious meal he was offering and it kinda spoiled the mood.

Little Athena has never been outside except in a carrier for vet visits or moves.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

UPS SUCKS!
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Our current cats are indoor cats. They hate being out of the apartment. Our original orange tabbie used to roam the outside (when he lived in WV). Probably has hundreds of offspring (all bastard). Got in lots of cat fights too. When he came up to Canada we had to have his balls snipped and after that he became an indoor cat.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Our current cats are indoor cats. They hate being out of the apartment. Our original orange tabbie used to roam the outside (when he lived in WV). Probably has hundreds of offspring (all bastard). Got in lots of cat fights too. When he came up to Canada we had to have his balls snipped and after that he became an indoor cat.
About 5 or 6 years ago, we decided we'd lost our last cat to outdoor predators. And it wouldn't have been safe at our rental on Main St.