Pardon me, but do you have the time?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I paid a silly amount to get next day shipping and this thing is sweet! It's sleek and just pretty. I get a kick out of writing those reviews so I'll do one up for it sometime soon.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Amen.
Skagen was pretty cool when they started out in Denmark in the 1980's. They were well made, clean designs, and affordable. (Japanese movements kept the cost low.)
As they grew, the quality started to decline in the early 2000's, and when Fossil bought them in 2012 and they turned to complete crap.

Think of them as Movados for welfare recipients that want to look important when they go to Olive Garden.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Is there a watch that is slim and elegant looking but would enrage WISes if they saw it? Some kind of poser watch?

Not all are slim and elegant but fashion watches will make a WIS's skin crawl:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Hardy har har.
No joke. I saw a bunch of $200 watches on the Skagen site.

Amazon has this one for $21:

61GnDD8DtKL._UX679_.jpg

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
No joke. I saw a bunch of $200 watches on the Skagen site.

Amazon has this one for $21:

61GnDD8DtKL._UX679_.jpg

Now that a nice looking watch, I definitely like the thin design. I just checked them out on Amazon, pretty good reviews and I might want to order one?

And what's the deal with black on black? How do you read these in the dark?

I have some that don't light up at night and it doesn't bother me. I would prefer a blue dial face.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix

The Black Leather, Black & Golden are my favorites. But the silver on the Violet Blue is a bit much.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
There's nothing wrong with inexpensive watches. Most of mine are under &200.
Skagen is a brand that started off with a good reputation that didn't decline when it's quality did.

I've got a MVMT. It looks nice, it's not expensive, but I certainly don't think that it's on the same level as a Tag.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm really digging this square. There are 2 flaws that annoy me but besides that everything is great about it. I'll get into that when I write my review. Seeing how I plan on doing nothing but play Zelda and browse watches for the next 11 days I should have plenty of time for that.

Here I want to post my current Amazon shopping list of watches. All Casios. it won't be in an exact order of most to least wanted but a general idea of the ones I want most will be at the top.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00272NBJ...olid=1ZCC5FEXCE8DD&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EGYEL...olid=1ZCC5FEXCE8DD&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

For some reason those last two won't show the little ad pic instead of the link. They are both some version of the square.

As you can see I'm all in on the squares now. Besides that there are both fancy and cheap one I have my eye on.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
You've officially lost me. You now have 2 round Casio digital display watches, and a square Casio digital display watch. I'd think you'd be done with Casio digital display watches. No?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
You've officially lost me. You now have 2 round Casio digital display watches, and a square Casio digital display watch. I'd think you'd be done with Casio digital display watches. No?

One of the round ones is more analog than digital but I hear ya.

Listen, I know I've gone off the deep end with my rapid onset Casio addiction. After I got the first one I was hooked. I know many of the models look quite similar but to me the little differences make a huge impact on my like/desire for whatever model.

Somehow I got it in my head I want one with a moon phase gauge. Now I have absolutely zero need for such a feature but I think it looks cool. That square GShock has it but I just found out today the stopwatch on that model is only 1 hour. That's a deal breaker for me. Since I got these watches one of the surprise benifits is that I use the stopwatch and countdown timers daily and they are very convenient. Right now I've had my stopwatch going for 9 hours 7 minutes because I'm timing how long a candle I bought will burn. So now that the GShock model is out, I set my gaze on the old model Protrek. I love the 2 Protreks I already have and this older model has the moon + tide phase graphs along with all the other ABC features. And it all shows on the home screen which I really like. The downside to this one is that it's the older model with older sensor tech.

That's pretty much how all this goes. I find something I like, research it to death, find out it's never perfect and then decide if the good features and the price outweigh the flaws. I guess that's how it goes for buying anything but I do a extensive amount of research in a short time.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotchandcigar