Military Stuff

I love watching queens prance down the street

1297712172462_ORIGINAL.jpg
 
My Dad was just telling me how he bought a bunch of bonds. I'm not 100% sure what bonds even are but according to him they yield a high return. The reason I'm posting this here is cause when I think of bonds I think of buying them to support the war effort.
 
My Dad was just telling me how he bought a bunch of bonds. I'm not 100% sure what bonds even are but according to him they yield a high return. The reason I'm posting this here is cause when I think of bonds I think of buying them to support the war effort.

Bonds are IOUs. The government or companies issue them when they want cash now, and agree to pay you back later with interest. The rate of return varies with how risky it is. US government bonds are considered very safe because there is very little likelihood that the government will not pay you back (even though we're like $20 trillion in the hole), so they don't pay much interest, especially not ones that mature quickly (the government has to pay you back soon). Some poorly-run piece of crap company (or a country like Greece) might sell bonds and have to agree to pay high interest to the buyers before the buyer can feel comfortable with the risk that they company (or country) will go belly up.
 
Back
Top Bottom