How does your state work?

I was familiar with the Toledo War because I had read that’s the reason that Michigan got the Upper Peninsula.
 
I just heard about it from Retta, host of the Ugliest House in America show on HGTV.

1786626064175.webp

It airs once a week for 5 or 6 weeks. On each episode, she goes to a different region of the country, and tours 4 contenders, then picks the winner. In the end, they pick a national winner, and that house gets a total makeover.

On Monday, they covered the Midwest, and she was on the Ohio/ Michigan line, and told the story. First time hearing about it.
 
Meanwhile, in NH

This September, two pillars of light will rise from the highest peak in the Northeast as a powerful symbol of resilience, gratitude, and unity. Inspired by the dual beams that honor September 11, The Honor Summit pays tribute to the lives lost, the first responders who answered the call, and the veterans whose courage continues to protect our communities.

Lights will shine from September 9 - 12, going on at 8pm to midnight.



 
We had a ceremony in Gander a town of 10,000 which took in at least that many stranded when they shutdown the skies. I would post a link but given current tensions between Canada and the USA, the ceremony got a bit political.
 
We had a ceremony in Gander a town of 10,000 which took in at least that many stranded when they shutdown the skies. I would post a link but given current tensions between Canada and the USA, the ceremony got a bit political.
That inspired the play Come From Away, which I know you've seen (as have I).
 

Good God Tennessee, this lady was sentenced to death 30 years ago and her date of execution was set a year ago. How in the world did they not manage to get it right? Also she would have been the first woman in TN put down in at least 200 years. How in the world did they screw this up? They must have known the attention it would draw.
 
Last edited:

Good God Tennessee, this lady was sentenced to death 30 years ago and her date of execution was set a year ago. How in the world did they not manage to get it right? Also she would have been the first woman in T put down in at least 200 years. How in the world did they screw this up? They must have known the attention it would draw.
Isn't there a rule that if you survive an execution you are a free man/woman?
 

Good God Tennessee, this lady was sentenced to death 30 years ago and her date of execution was set a year ago.
Well, you've got this

9/11 defendants are still in legal limbo​

Twenty-five years after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, the case against the alleged co-conspirators still hasn't gone to trial.
 
Isn't there a rule that if you survive an execution you are a free man/woman?

If they try to put you down like a dog and they fuck it up somehow. I don't know if I want you walking free because you are some sort of horrible monster. But I hear you. There should be some rule where like you live out your life in minimum security or something like that.

Cuz like holy shit that's basically the definition of what the 8th was talking about in terms of cruel and unusual
 
If they try to put you down like a dog and they fuck it up somehow. I don't know if I want you walking free because you are some sort of horrible monster. But I hear you. There should be some rule where like you live out your life in minimum security or something like that.

Cuz like holy shit that's basically the definition of what the 8th was talking about in terms of cruel and unusual
It would be incentive to make sure your killing machine works. Personally, I am a big fan of life in prison in a hole somewhere rather than death.
 
It would be incentive to make sure your killing machine works. Personally, I am a big fan of life in prison in a hole somewhere rather than death.

I'm a fan of that too. Like straight up solitary for 40 years. Just turn them into a fucking vegetable but that costs more. If we're up to me, you get like 18 months at most once you're convicted and sentenced to death. This like 30-year thing is ridiculous.

Also, I read about it. Apparently Tennessee only uses one drug and that's kind of a problem. Florida uses three and we haven't had any problems in a while.
 
Back
Top Bottom