Nothing wrong with rain and mud.

large_photos-blog-weeksept6.jpg

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Reviving another dead thread!

Driving from NH to MA today was like going through a frickin' car wash. Crazy!

And, related more specifically to the thread name, this has been the summer of frickin' rain. Can't mow my damn lawn because 90% of the time it's wet and the other 10% it's 90+ degrees, muggy, nasty, gross and unbearable!

• Angry
Reactions: scotchandcigar

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

And, related more specifically to the thread name, this has been the summer of frickin' rain. Can't mow my damn lawn because 90% of the time it's wet and the other 10% it's 90+ degrees, muggy, nasty, gross and unbearable!
Watch out for homeless people sleeping in the grass when you finally are able.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

The rain-free days have certainly been few and far between. We took another step towards retired life, and hired the guy who mows everyone's lawn to do ours too. Two guys come over with industrial equipment, and do 2 hours of work (for us) in 15 minutes. And they weed-whack and cleanup too.

Reactions: sadchild and JHDK

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I think I saw that we were 15 to 20 inches below average ytd rainfall here. I’ve had to run the sprinkler quite a lot this year just to keep the lawn from turning brown.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Vermont is screwed. I saw that all over the news a couple days ago.

How's it going in Maine Scotch? Any flooding worries in the homestead?

And it's Florida in the summer so we get major thunderstorms every single day almost. It's a wonder we don't lose power every day. A storm rolls in and it produces scary rain and thunder and lightning like shit that makes Athena jump sometimes. There's lightning that's so close by it makes me jump once and a while. But it usually only lasts like 15 to 30 minutes and then it's gone and then one of two things happens. Either it's humid as fuck like 100% humidity or a little bit of a cold front moves through behind the storm and it gets down to like 85 and it feels nice and breezy.

Last edited:
  • Wow

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Vermont is screwed. I saw that all over the news a couple days ago.

How's it going in Maine Scotch? Any flooding worries in the homestead?
The Vermont floods never made it to us. But a week or so ago, there was like a monsoon up north, and roads got washed out.

Because of the constant humidity, I've been running my A/C for like a month straight. I'd love to get an A/C status report from @sadchild.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The Vermont floods never made it to us. But a week or so ago, there was like a monsoon up north, and roads got washed out.

Because of the constant humidity, I've been running my A/C for like a month straight. I'd love to get an A/C status report from @sadchild.
Happy to hear no real flooding In your area.

I know it's Maine and way up north and all but running the AC for a month straight I'm the middle of summer is unusual for you? I know I'm basically the opposite of you in terms of climate but my AC is 100% on all day long down here in the summer. And if I remember correctly when we were in Philly, the AC was also on basically every day in the summer.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
One of the benefits of having a house built on 50 grand worth of fill, is that we never have flooding concerns for the house, plus we live at the top of a street with a 120 ft elevation gain. But there are plenty of sea-level roads in the area.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
One of the benefits of having a house built on 50 grand worth of fill, is that we never have flooding concerns for the house, plus we live at the top of a street with a 120 ft elevation gain. But there are plenty of sea-level roads in the area.
That is a big benefit.

You remind me of what my dad told me when he lived in Indonesia. My grandfather started off as a teacher then became a principal then became a superintendent and meanwhile every time he got a promotion they were able to move higher up the hill, like the literal hill. So each promotion made his home a little bit cooler because they didn't have AC back then and by the time he was the superintendent he was on top of the hill and it was like a nice breezy area.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Yes, unlike Florida - or even New Jersey - some people have no AC here. And those who do tend to need them on selected days. We have the mini-splits that can run whenever we want, and don't cost us much. But sadchild is more typical of a New England situation, where he counts each day of use.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This pic may not capture it but the daily thunderstorm is happening right now. It's like crazy thunder and lightning and it'll all be over in 25 minutes.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
98 frigging degrees today and tomorrow, no rain forecast for the next week. I'd gladly trade with anyone for some rain and cooler temperatures.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Can you send some rain my direction. Phoenix would love to see some rain with our record breaking temperatures.