DRC Madness #43: Fictional Horror & Serial Movie Characters

You're the best Wolf!
Thanks for putting in all of the work on these.

Maybe we pick this one back up next Halloween. You've already gotten a good start on it.
 
If possible, could I please get this thread renamed to DRC Madness #43: Fictional Horror & Serial Movie Characters?

After a two-year hiatus, this forgotten Madness is finally returning! The list of Fictional Horror & Serial Movie Characters is nearly finalized. This will be a 64-slot tournament featuring a field of 80 characters competing for a spot in the main bracket.

There will probably be around 53 characters locked into the tournament, with another 27 play-in contenders trying to kill their way into the final 64. Below is the current list of Fictional Horror & Serial Movie Characters. If anyone can think of any last-minute additions, please nominate them! The killing begins October 1st!

ChacterMovie / Franchise
Angela BakerSleepaway Camp
AnnabelleAnnabelle / The Conjuring
Annie WilkesMisery
Art the ClownTerrifier
Audrey IILittle Shop of Horrors
Baby FireflyHouse of 1000 Corpses
BillyBlack Christmas
Black PhillipThe Witch
Brundlefly / Seth BrundleThe Fly
Buffalo Bill / Jame GumbThe Silence of the Lambs
BughuulSinister
Caltiki, the Immortal MonsterCaltiki – The Immortal Monster
CandymanCandyman
Captain SpauldingHouse of 1000 Corpses
Carrie WhiteCarrie
ChuckyChild's Play
Count DraculaDracula
Creature from the Black Lagoon / Gill-manCreature from the Black Lagoon
CujoCujo
Damien ThornThe Omen
DeathFinal Destination
Dr. Jekyll / Mr. HydeDr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
EstherOrphan
Frankenstein's MonsterFrankenstein
Freddy KruegerA Nightmare on Elm Street
GabrielMalignant
GhostfaceScream
Hannibal LecterThe Silence of the Lambs
Harry Warden / The MinerMy Bloody Valentine
Herbert WestRe-Animator
Jack TorranceThe Shining
Jason VoorheesFriday the 13th
Jigsaw / John KramerSaw
Killer KlownKiller Klowns from Outer Space
LeatherfaceThe Texas Chain Saw Massacre
LeprechaunLeprechaun
M3GANM3GAN
Mary ShawDead Silence
Matt CordellManiac Cop
Michael MyersHalloween
Mick TaylorWolf Creek
Norman BatesPsycho
Nosferatu / Count OrlokNosferatu
Otis DriftwoodHouse of 1000 Corpses / The Devil's Rejects
Patrick BatemanAmerican Psycho
PazuzuThe Exorcist
PearlPearl / X
PennywiseIt
PinheadHellraiser
PredatorPredator
PumpkinheadPumpkinhead
RedUs
Reverend Henry KanePoltergeist II
SamTrick 'r Treat
Samara MorganThe Ring
Slender ManSlender Man
StripeGremlins
The BabadookThe Babadook
The BlobThe Blob
The BoogeymanThe Boogeyman
The CollectorThe Collector
The CreeperJeepers Creepers
The Crooked ManThe Conjuring 2
The DjinnWishmaster
The EntityIt Follows
The Fisherman / Ben WillisI Know What You Did Last Summer
The GrabberThe Black Phone
The Headless HorsemanSleepy Hollow
The Invisible ManThe Invisible Man
The MummyThe Mummy
The Pale ManPan's Labyrinth
The PhantomThe Phantom of the Opera
The Tall ManPhantasm
The ThingThe Thing
The Tooth FairyDarkness Falls
The Wolf ManThe Wolf Man
Valak / The NunThe Conjuring Universe
Victor CrowleyHatchet
XenomorphAlien
ZombiesZombie films
 
Last edited:
Is the Pennywise from the 2019 IT/IT2 move the same as the Pennywise from the 1990 movie and the Steven King book?

I would also like to nominate Beetles from the horror movie "The Mummy". I figure they would have an excellent chance of winning a Madness.
 
Is the Pennywise from the 2019 IT/IT2 move the same as the Pennywise from the 1990 movie and the Steven King book?

I would also like to nominate Beetles from the horror movie "The Mummy". I figure they would have an excellent chance of winning a Madness.
Most likely be the same. I don't plan on having two different Pennywise. If I did, the that would open the door for different versions of fictional horror, serial characters.
 
Could I enter "Svengoolie" of MeTV. Host of Svengoolie
I think we're too late but I'd add Gary Sitterson. The main logistics guy for the USA branch of The Organization from The Cabin in the Woods.
I can add those two as play-ins. Really, the competition is going to be cutthroat. They’ll practically be killing each other just to make it into the tournament.
 
I love horror so much. I'm creating a five tier list category.

TierNormal StatusContender StatusDefinition
1EliteBloodbath TitansThe horror heavyweights. Iconic characters expected to slaughter their way through the competition and contend deep into the tournament.
2Strong☠️ Deadly ContenderDangerous competition with a strong tournament presence and the potential to make a deep run.
3Play-InKilling for a SpotLegitimate play-in contender fighting to kill their way into the final 64.
4BubbleChopping BlockTheir tournament life is hanging by a thread. They need to survive the play-in or they're getting chopped.
5Long Shot⚰️ Dead on Arrival
Facing an uphill battle. They'll need a serious upset to escape an early grave.​
 
Back
Top Bottom