Concerts you have attended?

Looks like I need to wait a full year to see Billy Joel. I read its due to a medical condition. I hope it does happen.



Alas it was not meant to be.


Upcoming Shows:

2025:
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic [07/09 Budweiser Stage, Toronto, ON]
  • Bryan Adams [10/03 Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, ON]
2026:
  • Billy Joel [CANCELLED 03/14 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON]
 
According to the Cleveland Clinic, normal pressure hydrocephalus – a buildup of cerebrospinal fluid in or around the brain – affects only 0.2% of people between 70 and 80 years old and 5.9% of those over 80. Billy Joel has canceled all his concerts through July 3, 2026 – 13 in the United States, one in Toronto, one in Edinburgh and one in Liverpool.
 
I haven't been to a concert in a while. I will be attending the Shinedown "Dance, Kid, Dance" tour in August. The opening acts are Morgan Wade and Bush.
 
Unfortunately, I think Billy won't be touring again.
I can picture a couple of farewell shows at MSG, but he'll be closing in on 80, so I don't picture his health issues taking a sharp turn for the better.
 


Alas it was not meant to be.


Upcoming Shows:

2025:
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic [07/09 Budweiser Stage, Toronto, ON]
  • Bryan Adams [10/03 Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, ON]
2026:
  • Billy Joel [CANCELLED 03/14 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON]

On Friday, the Piano Man singer, 76, announced he has recently been diagnosed with normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) and is currently undergoing treatment.

Yea I have "normal pressure hydrocephalus" too. That's exactly what I tell work when I need to take a few weeks off for rehab.

But I've never driven my car into a Long Island house.
 
My upcoming 2025 concert tour lineup. Plus possibly couple more to add in the coming weeks.

June 20th - Dierks Bentley with Zack Top and The Band Loula @ Talking Stick Resort Amphitheatre
July 26th - Volbeat with Halestorm and The Ghost Inside @ Talking Stick Resort Amphitheatre
Aug 2nd - Shinedown with Bush and Morgan Wade @ PHX Arena
Nov 7th - Nickelback with Treaty Oak Revival @ Chase Field
 
If you go back to page 58 of this thread, you can see my post about seeing Haircut 100 live last year. Their set - even though it was only 30 minutes long - was one of the top highlights of the year for me.

I saw that they're coming back to town, opening for Howard Jones again. This time they've bumped up to 2nd on the bill, so I'd assume they'll get to play the customary 45-ish minutes. ( the actual opener is First Wave's Richard Blade...DJ'ing, I guess )


BUT...last year's show was 2 blocks away, & cost about 50 bucks. For that money I got to see ABC as well. This year, the show's at a casino ( blech ) probably 30-40 minutes away. And the cheapest tix are around 90 bucks. Since I'd be going only to see Haircut 100, I think I'll be skipping this one. Which sucks.
 
If you go back to page 58 of this thread, you can see my post about seeing Haircut 100 live last year. Their set - even though it was only 30 minutes long - was one of the top highlights of the year for me.

I saw that they're coming back to town, opening for Howard Jones again. This time they've bumped up to 2nd on the bill, so I'd assume they'll get to play the customary 45-ish minutes. ( the actual opener is First Wave's Richard Blade...DJ'ing, I guess )


BUT...last year's show was 2 blocks away, & cost about 50 bucks. For that money I got to see ABC as well. This year, the show's at a casino ( blech ) probably 30-40 minutes away. And the cheapest tix are around 90 bucks. Since I'd be going only to see Haircut 100, I think I'll be skipping this one. Which sucks.
You need to take some extra money to win that $40 back at the casino to cover the difference in price.
 
On Friday, the Piano Man singer, 76, announced he has recently been diagnosed with normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) and is currently undergoing treatment.

Yea I have "normal pressure hydrocephalus" too. That's exactly what I tell work when I need to take a few weeks off for rehab.
Similar to what I had growing up, a lot of seizures over the course of childhood. Hydrocephalus is basically excessive cerebrospinal fluid buildup on the brain, they had to install a shunt when I was 8 months. It's still in there, but I've been told by doctors that it doesn't work anymore, but doesn't need to. In fact the neurosurgeon told me it's like I never had issues in the past.
 
You need to take some extra money to win that $40 back at the casino to cover the difference in price.
Heh...honestly, if it was at the same venue as last year ( a block-ish from my place ) I'd probably go even with the high price. It's just money - I'll make more.

But a casino? No thanks. I have respiratory issues, & that's begging to be sick for a week afterwards. And to have to drive 30-ish minutes to said casino? Double no thanks.
 
Heh...honestly, if it was at the same venue as last year ( a block-ish from my place ) I'd probably go even with the high price. It's just money - I'll make more.

But a casino? No thanks. I have respiratory issues, & that's begging to be sick for a week afterwards. And to have to drive 30-ish minutes to said casino? Double no thanks.
Here in Ontario smoking is not allowed in any casino here. So that thought did not even cross my mind.
 
Once again, not a "concert" per se, but an awesome musical at the Ogunquit Playhouse, that we saw on Friday.

1750094734434.webp

Come From Away is the story of the events in Gander, Newfoundland, on 9/11. That's the easternmost airport in North America, where all the planes were grounded, and they had to deal with 7,000 people for several days. It was a super entertaining, high energy play, with great storylines, great music, a lot of laughs, and some heartfelt moments. Many reviewers said that the Ogunquit Playhouse performance is better than the Broadway version.

We saw it with cousins, and they got us 2nd row seats, which added to the experience.
 
Once again, not a "concert" per se, but an awesome musical at the Ogunquit Playhouse, that we saw on Friday.

View attachment 10682

Come From Away is the story of the events in Gander, Newfoundland, on 9/11. That's the easternmost airport in North America, where all the planes were grounded, and they had to deal with 7,000 people for several days. It was a super entertaining, high energy play, with great storylines, great music, a lot of laughs, and some heartfelt moments. Many reviewers said that the Ogunquit Playhouse performance is better than the Broadway version.

We saw it with cousins, and they got us 2nd row seats, which added to the experience.
We saw it when it was in Toronto. It was very good as well. The thing that blows my mind about the real experience is Gander only has a population of around 10K. So they almost doubled their population for those days.
 
Back
Top Bottom