Celebrity Death Thread 2016

CgnQ2bjWsAETPfl.jpg
 
In 1982 I bought "Controversy" based on a review I read of it in the Houston Chronicle. I loved it and immediately bought "Dirty Mind". I listened to those albums repeatedly for years. I wasn't as fond of "1999", and "Purple Rain" (the movie) was embarrassing, while "Purple Rain" (the album) was just a little disappointing. I loved every track on "Around the World in a Day", but nothing after that clicked with me again.

I know he became a huge star shortly after I learned about him, but for some dumb prideful reason I always felt like I was one of the real fans because I liked him before "Purple Rain".

Stagehands loved him in the early days, too. My dad gave me a purple T shirt the local IATSE had made to commemorate the Controversy tour. His early stage shows were very explicit.
 
For this with Sirius XM

The Prince Tribute Channel: Now Playing on SiriusXM Ch. 50 | SiriusXM Bl
og


I'm sure those who listen to other internet radio websites or apps will have their own Prince Channels.




I listened to the SXM Prince on the Groove channel overnight. I was half asleep but it sounds like they have a good collection of his music. They sure put that together fast and we appear to be more fortunate than the internet services.
 
Lord, we'll make you a deal. Lennon, SRV, Cash, Bowie and Prince straight up for Kanye, Kim K, Bieber, Celine Dion and Rosie O'Donnell. How 'bout it?
 
Back
Top Bottom