Best Headphones?

Discussion in 'Other MP3 Players' started by MM, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Rocinante

Rocinante Member

The Sennheiser PX-100's are considered one of the best "cheap" headphones you can get for your ipod or any other mp3 player. They give you more of a "full stage" effect rather than emphasising bass or treble.

2. RyeGuy

RyeGuy Member

I actually picked up a pair of Skullcandy "Ink'd" today and for 20 bucks, they're hard to beat. Clear, crisp sound, similar to my aforementioned Creative EP-630 but about 10 bucks cheaper.

I'm no audiophile by any means, but I do know decent sound when I hear it. I've bought other 'buds in this same price range and either returned them or thrown them away after one listen when their sound was too muddy or too tinny.

Only disadvantage of the Skullcandies though, is that they are not labeled L and R and there is no way to distinguish them. I had to do a little investigation to figure out which was which, and then etched a tiny "L" into the plastic case on the side of the left bud with a push pin. Problem solved.

3. I use the Shure e2c headphones which are an entry level set of in-ear headphones. I have had these for 2 years now and I absolutely love them. One of the wires cracked, sent them back and they had a new pair to me in 2 weeks. You can actually find these on ebay for around $40. I have no complaints at all, especially for the price.

4. GAMER

GAMER Member

If you are not swimming in cash, scull candy ear buds work pretty well.

5. GAMER

GAMER Member

I just got a pair of V-Moda bass freq and they fit well, decent sound isolation and sound good too. I wasn't going to get them as I have never owned them before and am leary of brands I am not familiar with, but these are good.