Alex Cooper signs a contract with SiriusXM

Kryptonite

Well-Known Member

Spotify had reportedly previously paid about $60 million for a three-year exclusive deal for the podcast in 2021. In January, the podcast was made available on all major audio platforms, a move that reflected Spotify’s shift in strategy away from exclusive rights.

Terms of SiriusXM's deal were not disclosed. However, numerous reports have suggested it is valued at more than $100 million.
 
I listened to my first Alex Cooper "Call Her Daddy", on demand show, at the park today. I almost gave up as it started with 10 minutes of announced ads. It was an interview with Alanis Morissette. She was quite nice. She talked about working with Olivia Rodrigo, money issues with a manager, making of "Jagged Little Pill", different relationships including her husband's and touring with Shirley Manson
 
I listened to my first Alex Cooper "Call Her Daddy", on demand show, at the park today. I almost gave up as it started with 10 minutes of announced ads. It was an interview with Alanis Morissette. She was quite nice. She talked about working with Olivia Rodrigo, money issues with a manager, making of "Jagged Little Pill", different relationships including her husband's and touring with Shirley Manson

I found the Alanis one on the app and skipped to about 2:15 and she was already talking.

But good God...maybe I don't understand her because I'm not female, but Alex seems so...vapid.
 
I found the Alanis one on the app and skipped to about 2:15 and she was already talking.

But good God...maybe I don't understand her because I'm not female, but Alex seems so...vapid.


I was shocked how nice Alanis actually was. I thought she would be more serious, sad and depressed.

Anyway. Alex Cooper has a scene near the beginning of the new movie "Verity". She is interviewing Verity (Anne Hathaway) on "Call Her Daddy".
I was over there saying hey it's her. I think my Sweetie was thinking that I was thinking she was pretty. Maybe? But I told her she is on SiriusXM.
She just said oh.

"Verity" is up with "Project Hail Mary" and the "The Dog Stars" as the best new movies, I've seen this year. "Coyote vs Acme" was fun but too silly to be considered the best. "Verity" is supposed to be one of them their psychological thrillers. Another good one I remember was "Shattered" with Tom Berenger in the 90's. "Undertone" this year was pretty thrilling too, I really liked it but it did not have the big-name stars like "Verity" had and was more spooky. Dakota Johnson was also in "Verity". For her, it was like her being in one of those Shades movies but she got to watch everything instead.
 
Eddie Vedder once told a story where he and Alanis were at some random event and they both wanted to meet each other, but they both chickened out due to shyness. They eventually did meet and it was good stuff, apparently.

There's also a film she did called "We're With The Band" that shows some of her preparations before a concert. In one scene (you don't see much), she pees into a cup while squatting on what appears to be some sort of balcony while a male assistant hands her a cup and does his best not to look.

She's probably not as shy as Eddie once thought.
 
Back
Top Bottom