Adventures In Koopland

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Yeah, I don't love the whole idea of it. Even though it will help me in the short term I will pay for it as an old man. Same goes for the Obama bailout and his was like 400 billion less. I know, different circumstances but same overall idea.
What's interesting is how you associate congress-approved borrowing from our national debt (which actually comes from our taxes) with a person. And it's not a bailout when it's given to individuals. You're not being bailed out.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Some good news. I talked to 3 of my coworkers (including the ex) today and they all seem to think I will be hired back. But I know that none of them know that for sure. I don't remember the exact quote but I asked my boss when she laid me off if I could be hired back when all this ends and she said something like "That may be possible." So that certainly isn't a guarantee. I'm going to look around for other jobs but I really hope my coworkers are right about this.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Some good news. I talked to 3 of my coworkers (including the ex) today and they all seem to think I will be hired back. But I know that none of them know that for sure. I don't remember the exact quote but I asked my boss when she laid me off if I could be hired back when all this ends and she said something like "That may be possible." So that certainly isn't a guarantee. I'm going to look around for other jobs but I really hope my coworkers are right about this.
Good luck.
Your boss answered about the only way she could.
And, yep, you've got to look wherever you can. You never know if you'll find something better or not.
If you pick something up that's good, you can keep it, if it isn't as good, you can hang out and still hope your last job might still take you back.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Unemployment Update #1

So I've been unemployed for over a week now which means I can apply for unemployment. As much as I hate taking government cheese, gotta do what ya gotta do. The site is slow as molasses. No joke it takes like 4 mins for each page to load. I guess the site is overloaded. Anyway, what better do I have to do? So I'm going through the process. I'll let ya know how it works out.

EDIT:

Unemployment Update #2

After going through like 10 pages of filling out stuff it's telling me the site is now unavailable. I'm going to try again at like 3 am when hopefully everyone is asleep.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
A dumb dumb who is now $60 poorer. Freaking 1800flowers.

Have I mentioned I'm unemployed?

Flower budget is clearly a high priority right now...for a girl who doesn't want me anymore.

They do look kinda nice though.

View attachment 6135
Next time you have a thought like this, reread the last few pages of this thread and then send the flowers to yourself.

• Sad

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I told you all i"m a giant dork right?

Well the pretty lady just emailed me twice thanking me for the flowers.

I emailed back this:

"I was thinking of you and then I thought of that bouquet.
I hope you like it and it wasn't any trouble.
I still really like you."

Maybe i said "I" too much.

I think I'm romantic. At least for this one girl.

Also it made me feel good to do something nice for somebody else.

Last edited:
Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Unlike "thwarted", "bouquet" is a dumb word. It sounds French. French people are dumb. Except the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty, those things are cool.

Q's are for fancy men. Stupid letter that needs a "u" after it. Go F yourself. That has a "u" after it too.

Last edited:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Q does not always need a U after it. The 19th letter of the Hebrew alphabet is qoph. In Chinese philosophy, the life force of every person is qi. Qat (also spelled kat or khat) is a flowering plant native to the Horn of Africa and the Arabian Peninsula.

What the heck are you, JHDK, some kind of qeer? :p

• Haha