Add mp3 files and playlist to Slacker

hjsiemer

Aug 13, 2009
Maryland
How do I add mp3 files and playlists to the G1 Slacker? The software on the Slacker website allows me to move the mp3 files into the 'library' and from the library move them onto the Slacker. It allows me to create a playlist in the software, but I cannot get the playlist onto the Playlist folder on the Slacker.

I asked Slacker support for help and they said that they no longer support the use of the Slacker software and suggest I use Windows Media Player, but they did not know how to make it happen. WTF???? :pointlaugh:

thanks

Hank
hjsiemer@yahoo.com

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Sorry I've never used The Slacker Software myself! I just found it way too buggy! This is likely why they don't support it anymore. Instead of actually fixing it!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
To be honest I have an iphone/iPod Touch so I have no reason to use my Slacker for music files. However I have tinkered with it just to try it out. I always used MS Media Player. I just copy my files to Media Player if they aren't already in my music folder. If they are, they should just show up. Once you plug it in, you should see it show up under devices. You may need to give it permission. Once you do this just drag and drop. It will then copy the files to the device.

If you want to create playlist then you'll have to actually do that in Media Player and then drag and drop the whole playlist to the device for uploading.

I'll be real honest with you, there is only one device I find more difficult to use in creating playlist and managing MP3 files and that would be the Sirius Stiletto SL2.