Is it WHEB or WGIR? I'm in the same area.
And I'd say "I Melt With You" is the #1 most played non top 40 song.
WGIR. People who grew up on 'Manch Vegas' radio probably think Scorpions and Night Ranger are as legendary as Led Zep and The Beatles.
But last I knew, WHEB is owned by the same company, and simulcasts at least the same morning show if not more, so Portsmouth probably has that same misconception.
Some more "I Can't Believe It's Not (Butter) Top 40!" songs
82
Missing Persons "Destination Unknown"
83
Clash "Should I Stay Or Should I Go"
Heart "How Can I Refuse"
Herbie Hancock "Rockit"
Lindsey Buckingham "Holiday Road"
U2 "New Year's Day"
Wall Of Voodoo "Mexican Radio"
Weather Girls "It's Raining Men"
ZZ Top "Sharp Dressed Man"
84
Adam Ant "Strip"
Genesis "Taking It All Too Hard"
Jefferson Starship "Layin' It On The Line"
Motley Crue "Looks That Kill"
85
John Fogerty "Centerfield"
Oingo Boingo "Weird Science"
Talking Heads "And She Was"
Y & T "Summertime Girls"