2020 Movies & TV Shows

With the Covid situation having slowed life down a bit, I've been able to catch up on some new and older movies.

Rocketman - Cool movie. But I think my prior knowledge of Elton and his song chronology became a distraction to me during the movie though, because I was catching many instances of him playing songs way before they were originally released. And it bothered me.

The Doors - First time seeing it. Was okay, but not my favorite. But the acting was great, and the music.

Lincoln - Great movie.

Rain Man - I liked this movie quite a bit back in the day. It's a bit dated now, but I still enjoyed it. Also, I'm an excellent driver.
 
Not with ya on Lincoln...thought it was a boring slog like all post 2005 Spielberg movies...but I'm with ya on all the rest.

I started watching the HBO show The Outsiders. Ben Mendelsohn stars in it and I like that guy. It's a Stephen King book so it's a creepy show. If you are interested be warned, it's a slow burn, but it's good.
 
Outsider was good.

Haven't seen Lincoln or Rocketman yet.

I liked Doors. The music was good and the acting was too. The story was a bit....glorified or something. Biopics have a tendency to make exchanges more profound than they likely were. Stuff like - "What should we name the band?" "I was thinking about The Doors." "Wow! That's amazing!" or "Say, what is that riff you're playing? It's going to be our first hit record!" That kind of stuff gets annoying.
 
Uh oh guys. If they thought it necessary to show this card in 1915 I think it's safe to say things are about to get really bad:

1591104240687.webp

BTW/ that's not a screenshot. The visuals are nowhere near that clear in that actual movie but Amazon won't let you screenshot their movies, it just comes out as a black screen.
 
Something tells me that they didn't really mean what they said in the disclaimer.

I wonder if it was in the original cut.
 
I'm 3 episodes into Westworld season 3 and enjoying it so far. The three female leads are gorgeous...Thandie Newton, Evan Rachel Wood, and Tessa Thompson. And I guess I forgot since I haven't seen Breaking Bad in a while but Aaron Paul is one hell of an actor. The great actors make you forget you know them as people in real life. Aaron's character in this season does exactly that.

The plot so far is more interesting than last season.

One thing that bothers me though, and maybe it's because I listen with headphones, but they really over do it with the sound mixing. There will be scenes where 2 characters are talking softly and the dramatic background melody is overpowering. I think maybe Jon Nolan is taking a few too many cues from big brother Chris with his Batman-like sound mixing.
 
Last edited:
Westworld has a history of doing really cool lyricless covers. Season 3 is no exception.

 
I watched some random movies and TV shows for the past couple of months like:

Birds of Prey - Sucked
Gretel and Hansel - Sucked
The Invisible Man (2020) - Really great film

Currently binge watching all the Arrowverse shows and just completed the final season of Fuller House, which was sad to see come to an end again.
 
I think I've mentioned this before. One of the actresses on that show, Danika Yarosh, is the daughter of my senior prom date.
Danika-yarosh.webp
 
cute girl, kinda weird when you know tv people. joey lawrence went to my high school. but he was famous at the time so my school let him take correspondence courses from hollywood. because famous people get things.
 
Back
Top Bottom