Your alternative plan if you dont like merger programming?

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
I think everyone knows i canceled.I am curious if anyone else here will do so,what service will you use or will it be a combination or will you go back to testical radio?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I love music, and I truly don't anticipate that they will screw things up enough to get me to give up on satellite radio. I guess If I ever did cancel my subscription, I'd get a big iPod (finally) and fill it up with all my music from my CD collection. I would never go back to FM radio!

Good thread!

acap

Oct 16, 2008
I'd listen to the new programming for at least a month before I did anything. I'd look into a Slacker. I'm sure i'll be what ever they provide.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
If they change the XM music too much I will cancel and go with MP3s, podcasts, and very limited terrestrial radio (npr, sports)

Last edited:

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
If they shake things up, it will be like Sat radio in the early days, it will take a few revisions to the music programming to settle into something that is pretty stable. I will find it interesting just to discover what channels I like again.

But in the end if they don't offer any channels I'm happy with (unlikely) then I will cancel. I hope they keep Spirit 66.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I will probably stick around with less subs. I have a lifetime so my SL2 will likely be around for a while.

My #1 backup was Slacker but that is not available here in Canada.

YoureOnTheAir

Nov 2, 2008
Northville, MI
www.myspace.com
As far as Im concerned Satellite offers a lot more choices in programming then Terr. radio ever will. Plus no commercials and the big names I will never leave. I could see getting a Slacker in the future though, there are a lot of nice features to gain. Not a replacement though for Sirius XM.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It took me close to 2 months to choose between the 2. They would have to booger it up pretty bad for me to cancel. FM reception of the stations I like is shoddy at work, and I hate commercials. I should be able to find something reasonable on Sirius/XM.

DLariv308

Oct 27, 2008
MA
I have a lifetime sub so i will not be going anywhere. If it comes to that i do not like the service i will just keep the radio at work for my receiving crew to use and I will use my ipod. I do not think that will happen though.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
They would have to destroy alot of my favorite music channels before I unsubscribe. I really don't listen to the talk channels, just a few of my favorite sports teams and of coarse Howard Stern.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Since I drive 5000 miles a month and have lifetime, I am not going anywhere.
If they were to go under I would have to do something like Slacker or an IPOD for Talk via Podcasts

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I am not going anywhere either , but if they were to go under I would get Slacker for Music and Ipod for Talk as well.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
The worse case senario for me will be to cancel 2 subscriptions, continue with a single XM subscription and then suppliment by listening with my Slacker G2. I won't cancel Sat Radio all together.

Having an XM sub with the Best of Sirius will suit me perfectly provided the music channels on SIRIUS's side makes it over to XM.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
The worse case senario for me will be to cancel 2 subscriptions, continue with a single XM subscription and then suppliment by listening with my Slacker G2. I won't cancel Sat Radio all together.

Having an XM sub with the Best of Sirius will suit me perfectly provided the music channels on SIRIUS's side makes it over to XM.

But we still need to find out what the hell is going on with the Sirius and XM channels with a press release which the company hasnt come out with , but for me I will stick with my Sirius Sub with a Slacker G2 since my old Slacker portable needs upgraded.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
As far as Im concerned Satellite offers a lot more choices in programming then Terr. radio ever will. Plus no commercials and the big names I will never leave. I could see getting a Slacker in the future though, there are a lot of nice features to gain. Not a replacement though for Sirius XM.

I am never going back to FM radio. Ever. Even if they have to resort to having the limited advertising XM had when it first started, it would still be tons better than terrestrial radio.

You simply cannot find the type of music and entertainment you can find on SiriusXM much less whole channels dedicated to them.

Worse case scenario, which would have to be a failure on a monumental scale, I would go with Slacker. Which I am already thinking of getting because I am a Digital Radio Nerd.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I am never going back to FM radio. Ever. Even if they have to resort to having the limited advertising XM had when it first started, it would still be tons better than terrestrial radio.

You simply cannot find the type of music and entertainment you can find on SiriusXM much less whole channels dedicated to them.

Worse case scenario, which would have to be a failure on a monumental scale, I would go with Slacker. Which I am already thinking of getting because I am a Digital Radio Nerd.

Me niether , and For me FM died when I went to satellite radio , and only on the rare occassion I will listen to FM other wise it is Sirius XM or Slacker.