WTD 2009 Week 19 - Radio Margaritaville

Status
Not open for further replies.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
BlobServer

Tune in and change your whole latitude. From multi-platinum singer, songwriter and author Jimmy Buffett comes a radio paradise of great music, live broadcasts of Buffett's concerts and other unique programs.

Genres

*Tropical Rock
*Vacation Rock
*Jimmy Buffett
*Financial Planning

Artists You'll Hear

* Jimmy Buffett
* Bob Marley
* Jack Johnson
* Toots & the Maytals
* Paul Simon
* Little Feat
* Jerry Jeff Walker
* The Beach Boys
* UB40
* Santana

Sirius Channel 31/XM Channel 55

radiomargaritaville.gif

* Please indicate how much you like this channel by assigning it a rating. Simply use the thread rating system found at the top of the thread and give it a vote...:peace:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
As an XMer, this was one channel I was hoping for via the merger. I don't listen to it as much as I would like because of the variety of satellite radio.

I will be attending my 34th Buffett show this year and will be tailgating to this channel for the first time. :cool:

I also love the variety of artists on the channel.

5 of 5 Stars :bow:

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
It was a coincidence, I was listening this station as I read it was picked for WTD. One of my presets from day one, a major reason I chose Sirius over XM when I subscribed. And I stole a line from a song for my signature. Needless to say, I like very very much. 5 stars.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Very good channel. I was surprised to hear Amy Winehouse on it when I listened today...:shock:

I can only take this channel in small doses. I can't remember the last time I listened to this channel, but it was a nice break...:)

Don't really care for listening to the concerts, but I imagine that's the appeal of this channel. The "Being There" feel...:right:

I would have liked to have heard Vacation before they turned it into this channel. I hadn't explored the dial before Vacation was gone and this channel was added. I know it's a sore spot for some listeners...:worried:

I give it 4 out of 5 Stars...:cool:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'll start by saying I was upset at this channel for its first couple years. I liked the old Vacation channel, and this was not a suitable replacement, in my mind. I've gotten over that now, Vacation ain't coming back.

Judging Radio Margaritaville on its own merits, it is a good channel, a very good channel. Good mix of artists and songs. I'm not too crazy about the concerts either, but definitely worthy of keeping a preset on my radio.

I like this bit of programming every Friday...
New Orleans Margaritaville Café Happy Hour
Fridays 5 pm ET
The music and atmosphere of New Orleans is the perfect start to a weekend, from Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Café in the French Quarter.

On a side note, I finally ate at his New Orleans Cafe a few months ago... a really cool place! :)

JayDizz

Jan 3, 2009
Judging Radio Margaritaville on its own merits, it is a good channel, a very good channel. Good mix of artists and songs. I'm not too crazy about the concerts either, but definitely worthy of keeping a preset on my radio.

+1

I'm not much of a Buffet fan but there's a lot of other cool stuff getting played here. It's a damn good channel to have on while cooking on the grill and drinking some Coronas. Good vibes. Four stars.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Not a big fan of Buffet's, but it's a pretty wide playlist, playing everybody from John Mayer, James Taylor, Sheryl Crow, but it does play way too much of the man himself...

While I'd probally never turn to it (not a fan of the tropical music unless I was on an island), but it gets a 3.5, or a 4...

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Jimmy Buffet is one of the few artists that has attempted and has been so successful at different styles of music. The selection of artists and songs beyond Buffet is put together real well as I can understand and feel the connections to Jimmy Buffet. I really enjoy this channel.

:siriusdog:

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
This station is alright in small doses. It's good for background music at the office... or at a BBQ on a nice summer day. It would be a lot better if it focused more on vacation music (steel drums, and what not).

3 stars.

budm0318

Nov 16, 2008
Sonoma County, CA
I remember thinking that Radio Margaritaville would be better than Vacation. "Vacation on steroids" is how one poster described it on a previous forum. Turns out it is just the opposite. I find the channel to be pretty boring. But I guess if you're a Parrothead, it's worth the subscription price.
1 star.

Status
Not open for further replies.