Worried about posting a job listing

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
The last time we posted a job listing it was emotionally draining. We posted it on Craigslist and two things happened. The first was that I got 1-2 responses that were purely hateful ripping the ad apart by people who just seem kinda disgruntled at the economy in general. The second was that some of the responses were downright depressing. People were looking for jobs for so long and it seems I absorb some of their stress.

I almost want to avoid posting of the Craigslist ad and find some other way to find someone. Does anyone have any thoughts on finding jobs or hiring in this economy?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
How about doing it the old fashion way and post it in your local newspaper plus it will probably be also on its web page.

I say hire gilpdawg. He's a Reds fan like me and we need HELP!

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I would agree with goreds. You should put it in the local newspaper and a local website, I'm sure there are local job listing websites in Chicago.

Or, you could just go to Monster and LOOK for somebody. Craigslist is full of weirdo's bro.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Word of mouth. Somebody always knows somebody good who's looking to make a move.

I'd take the job but you couldn't afford me. And I'd want my own company space shuttle.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Funny. You guys own this site. One would naturally think it would have been posted here somewhere....

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
What happens is that people insist on working from home for us, and it doesn't suit what we are looking for. I might take the suggestions here and use them though.

Did I miss it, but what sort of job are you looking to fill?