Which console will be around longer?

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
If you had to guess which would be the best buy in terms of being supported by new game releases. The Xbox 360 or PS3?

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital

I disagree. The Xbox 360 is a year older than the PS3 for one. Plus the PS3 has really caught fire in the last year, game after game are big hits and the PS3 is outselling the Xbox now that the price is down. It took the PS3 a long time to catch on, but now that it has I think it has a longer shelf life than the Xbox does. But, I think both will be supported for at least 5-7 more years. Xbox 720 (or whatever) is more likely to be released before the PS4. One other thing. I don't know if 3D gaming will catch on or not, but if it does remember this, the PS3 can already support 3D gaming and 3D blu-ray movies, the Xbox 360 isn't capable of that feature, and it can't be fixed via a firmware update. So if 3D gaming does catch on, look out Xbox.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I disagree. The Xbox 360 is a year older than the PS3 for one. Plus the PS3 has really caught fire in the last year, game after game are big hits and the PS3 is outselling the Xbox now that the price is down. It took the PS3 a long time to catch on, but now that it has I think it has a longer shelf life than the Xbox does. But, I think both will be supported for at least 5-7 more years. Xbox 720 (or whatever) is more likely to be released before the PS4. One other thing. I don't know if 3D gaming will catch on or not, but if it does remember this, the PS3 can already support 3D gaming and 3D blu-ray movies, the Xbox 360 isn't capable of that feature, and it can't be fixed via a firmware update. So if 3D gaming does catch on, look out Xbox.

I have to agree with you on that. I love having my PS3 as a blue-ray player. Sony can update it with new features all the time. So it should be around a while just for that fact.

I tend to do more gaming on my Xbox 360 though. I'm addicted to L4D 1 and 2. Plus I think Xbox Live is better than PS Network.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008

hammare.jpg

GrĂĽpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
This generation of consoles in general is going to be around longer than the usual lifespan of consoles. New peripherals Coming to each console extend their life now, so I think either is a good bet, but PS3 may get just a little bit more support past it's regular lifespan than the 360.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I don't know about the Wii being around longer, but you will see the motion-sensing technology being integrated into the Wii. Then there comes the day where Apple decides to get into the gaming console market.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Then there comes the day where Apple decides to get into the gaming console market.

I can't wait for that day. A console that will cost $100 more just because and $10 more for games. Plus no Blu-ray support and you can only develop games for it using Apples tools. ;) Just kidding my friend.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I was just thinking about that the othe day. I hope they are working on something.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
I don't get the Wi. It's farking retarded. But, I guess 8 yr olds love it.

I can understand that, it has really revolutionized gaming especially for the "Casual Gamer". Believe it or not, there is a BIG segment of the population that does not want to have to play a game for hours or days on end, just play for a hour or so and have fun.

That is something Sony completely ignored, they made a class A gaming machine, but, they forgot that sometimes Fun>Mindblowing Graphics.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing

And 44 year olds. I play games on the Wii a lot more than Xbox 360, mostly because it has the games I like the most. And the Xbox controller seems silly and antiquated compared to the Wiimote. Oh yeah, and it's smaller and quieter. I like that.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com

And 44 year olds. I play games on the Wii a lot more than Xbox 360, mostly because it has the games I like the most. And the Xbox controller seems silly and antiquated compared to the Wiimote. Oh yeah, and it's smaller and quieter. I like that.

I own a 360 as well as a Wii. For this 32 year old, I love both. the wii is great with the more "family-get-together" games like Mario Kart or Wii sports resort, something anyone can get on and have fun instantly. But then playing something like COD 4: Modern Warfare, where you are running and gunnin' with your heart in your throat while the world is collapsing around you, would lose something on the Wii (I assume). so to me, it's like comparing apples to oranges...

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
It is being integrated into the PS3 which I find interesting.

ps-move-2.jpg

Uh, yeah. Meant to say PS3 but typed Wii twice. On my end, I barely use the Wii for games at all. I've gotten the most use out of it with Netflix streaming.