What's there to like about Hulu Plus?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I don't buy a whole lot from Amazon as far as shopping, but the video makes it worth a shot. Worse comes to worse I can always cancel, and I've heard they pro-rate the membership price if you do. This, Netflix, iTunes and the other free options, plus the occasional sports package (MLB.TV, NBA) would be more than enough.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Gave Hulu a try and it was meh. Having to wait thirty days to watch a missed program was a turn off. Probably nice for catching up on many old shows and going back to watch something again. Paying to watch commercials is a head scratcher.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
The Amazon Prime is great if you buy from Amazon a lot because of the reduced shipping and free 2 day. But the Prime Video service is pretty darn good as well. It just really makes the prime membership even more worth it.

This. I have amazon prime because I love the free 2 day shipping. The video is just a bonus.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Netflix is meeting my movie and tv show tastes for the time being. I check Amazon periodically to see what they've picked up and offer. I agree the free 2 day shipping is a nice selling point. An example of my wait and see stance is Amazon's stagnant April 2014 movie catalog, evolving current shows and agreements with BBC America and FX.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I now have Amazon Prime and Netflix (I've determined that 1 commercial per half-hour is too much to pay for on Hulu Plus) and they work very well together. Amazon has all the old HBO shows (still need to finish watching 'The Wire') and it has updated episodes of 'Downton Abbey'. I don't see anything super compelling in the original content, but that's what Netflix.

I would love to get Hulu plus for the TV stuff I do watch, but one commercial is too many when you're paying for it. I don't watch a lot of network TV (short of Big Bang Theory which I bought a season on iTunes and isn't even available on Hulu) but they have some cable stuff I'd be interested in getting, but not paying for commercials.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The Roku stick I just bought off Amazon comes with 3 months of Hulu plus no charge. More than enough time to determine if I keep it or not.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The Roku stick I just bought off Amazon comes with 3 months of Hulu plus no charge. More than enough time to determine if I keep it or not.

Never mind. I cancelled the order.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I'm still mulling over getting Hulu plus. For no other reason than the criterion collection and some current BBC programming. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon video and the Future HBO streaming would make a nice combo.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I canceled hulu a few months back. I rarely watched it & once I switched to Verizon, I had to start worrying about how much data I used.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I canceled hulu a few months back. I rarely watched it & once I switched to Verizon, I had to start worrying about how much data I used.
It's on Apple TV which is mainly where I would watch it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Got the commercial free version they introduced recently. I really like it, it'll work for the fall season, and avoiding political commercials that are coming before you know it. I think it's a keeper. Debating whether or not to get Showtime since I wasn't super impressed with their streaming offering.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I just re signed up for Hulu Plus. I guess its just being called Hulu now, even if you stream on tv. Its been about 5 years since I've had it. We just dropped our cable because we are getting Fiber Optic internet through our utility. Its new to our city and were in a trial neighborhood. They also give us a Roku 3 with the plan. I really like the choices. The SXM app works really well with it too. I could also drop one of my house radios.
Im really excited about this. The bill will go from $188 (Cable Bundle & Netflix) to $66 (Internet, Hulu & Netflix). I hope this really works out. The only drawback is very limited sports. No BTN or ESPNs. I'm just gonna try to watch the games at the Y on the treadmill, if i'm desparate to see it.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Hulu is nice but I guess its true the commercials are annoying especially when you try to advance on scenes. You do not get away from them if you advance to favorite scenes. So I'm paying the extra $4 a month for the non commercial plan. I'm still saving good money with our fiber optic set up.

Reactions: semipenguin

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I just re signed up for Hulu Plus. I guess its just being called Hulu now, even if you stream on tv. Its been about 5 years since I've had it. We just dropped our cable because we are getting Fiber Optic internet through our utility. Its new to our city and were in a trial neighborhood. They also give us a Roku 3 with the plan. I really like the choices. The SXM app works really well with it too. I could also drop one of my house radios.
Im really excited about this. The bill will go from $188 (Cable Bundle & Netflix) to $66 (Internet, Hulu & Netflix). I hope this really works out. The only drawback is very limited sports. No BTN or ESPNs. I'm just gonna try to watch the games at the Y on the treadmill, if i'm desparate to see it.
Since I primarily watch baseball and the Broncos, I haven't missed much on the way of sports since I cut the cord. Got MLB.TV this year since they dropped the yearly price by $20. I've even gotten to the point where I've unplugged my antenna from the TV since I haven't watched the local channels in months. What I did watch on network tv, Hulu usually covers.

Netflix 8.99, Hulu $13.99, HBO Now $14.99, Amazon prime $99 a year which translates to $8.25 a month. With Internet costing $50 that puts me lower than the $200 I was paying for cable. And I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MadisonRadio1