TV Thread Needed?

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
There are a lot of threads in the Studio Lounge pertaining to tv shows.

Do you think we need a subboard specifically for this?

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Is it digital radio television? :scratch:

:idunno:
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah yeah... I do realize that. :clueless:

I was hesitant to even bring it up... just seems like there's a lot of interest in a bunch of different tv shows, much like the political interest in that subforum.

I'm not sure if it's even necessary.

Just a thought.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
:idea: And a very good thought :)

I'm sure there will be some discussion on it in the next couple of days :)
Posted via Mobile Device

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
What if you want to discuss a movie but you saw it on TV, or the movie was made from a TV show.

If you discuss sports you saw on TV does it go in television or sports?

Too many sub forums gets just as confusing as none. its a fine line.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
What if you want to discuss a movie but you saw it on TV, or the movie was made from a TV show.

If you discuss sports you saw on TV does it go in television or sports?

Too many sub forums gets just as confusing as none. its a fine line.

I like what you're saying based off your examples.

I was testing the waters for interest for a subforum for any and all tv shows...such as Mad Men, Entourage, etc etc instead of having them randomly dispersed throughout the Studio Lounge area.

Now how about this setup: It's a made for tv movie in HD that you view through Comcast internet on your Window's based Mac? BAH!! :idunno:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Those things are kind of cyclical. We'll go months without TV show threads, then all of sudden 5 or 10 of them. I recommend keeping it as is.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
I like what you're saying based off your examples.

I was testing the waters for interest for a subforum for any and all tv shows...such as Mad Men, Entourage, etc etc instead of having them randomly dispersed throughout the Studio Lounge area.

Maybe a "Mindless Mass Media" sub forum?

It could gather up the "I love/hate _____ TV show(s)", "Top 5 ___ songs" , "Celebrity ____ is dead", "Will you see/I saw the new ____ hollywood movie?" and " ____ is trapped inside a homemade weather balloon floating over _____ " ect. threads all in one place and keep them out of "Studio Lounge" -so I could put it on ignore. :p

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Hopefully there will be some new equipment or updates or something so we all end up back in the gadget portion of the forum again.

It's been pretty slow since the merger and price hike passed. Which reminds me, I never did come up with any items for the "Strange SL2 Quirks" thread.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think the lounge area works just fine for the discussion, since they are so sporadic. I think sometimes you can have too many forums.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I think the lounge area works just fine for the discussion, since they are so sporadic. I think sometimes you can have too many forums.

I think you're correct about this.

Seems the TV threads have slowed down anyway.