The Pro Bowl - do you care?

How much of the Pro Bowl will you watch?

• I won't watch any of it.

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • I'll watch one or two quarters at most.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • I'll watch the entire game.

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The 2009 Pro Bowl is on Sunday at 4:30 eastern on NBC. How much will you watch? I'll probably be more inclined to watch Lakers/Cavs on ABC.

Next year, it'll move to the Super Bowl host site (Miami, Dolphin Stadium in 2010) and be held the weekend BEFORE. That'll probably gain some interest for the game.

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
No, this is pretty much the year I quit watching sports for good. Don't find it all that interesting anymore.

Mopar86

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
www.tss-radio.com
I still like to watch the Pro Bowl every year, it's kinda like going to a convention in your certain profession. To be around like-minded or in this case like-gifted individuals is a cool thing to watch. These guys work all year to beat one another, then have to work together.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I'm guessing that players from the teams that are going to play in the Super Bowl will not play in the Pro Bowl next year...:confused:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm guessing that players from the teams that are going to play in the Super Bowl will not play in the Pro Bowl next year...:confused:

Yeah, I mean that game next year might turn into a 7 on 7 match-up. Not only will Super Bowl participants not play, but taking the game out of Hawaii isn't going to attract a lot of players either. Miami's nice, but it's no kind of incentive for these guys. They can go to Miami whenever they want. They can go to Hawaii whenever they want, really.

It's too difficult to have an all-star type game in football. The players could care less if they win. Money bonus? It's nothing to these guys. Conference pride? Please. And the injury factor...you can't play football at half speed, it doesn't work. What really needs to happen is the NFL needs to euthanize this game.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I watch the Pro Bowl every year. Maybe it has something to do with it being the last football for months, or maybe I just like seeing all the star players in the same game.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
I usually won't watch the pro/all star games for any sports unless I'm really bored. With no effect on basically anything in the season, it seems like a waste of time to watch.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I usually won't watch the pro/all star games for any sports unless I'm really bored. With no effect on basically anything in the season, it seems like a waste of time to watch.

Baseball's all-star game decides home-field advantage in the World Series. Which is completely ridiculous.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Baseball's all-star game decides home-field advantage in the World Series. Which is completely ridiculous.

That's why I said basically anything. I also agree with how stupid it is to let the all-star game decide home field advantage. Having players from rival teams play on the same teams to decide home field advantage for the biggest games of the season? Dumb.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'll probably won't watch it. To me they need to move the Pro Bowl in the middle of the season or before the post season.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Yeah, I mean that game next year might turn into a 7 on 7 match-up. Not only will Super Bowl participants not play, but taking the game out of Hawaii isn't going to attract a lot of players either. Miami's nice, but it's no kind of incentive for these guys. They can go to Miami whenever they want. They can go to Hawaii whenever they want, really.

It's too difficult to have an all-star type game in football. The players could care less if they win. Money bonus? It's nothing to these guys. Conference pride? Please. And the injury factor...you can't play football at half speed, it doesn't work. What really needs to happen is the NFL needs to euthanize this game.

Ya, it is pretty lame. I voted I would watch a quarter or two. Just to hear football talk really. But I when I saw the time I guess I won't be watching any of it, I will be on a plane to Seattle all day. There's always Sirius NFL radio. If I'm not listening to Howard I'm listening to that. I will be listening all off season. It helps fill the void a little bit.