The Fortunate 50 - Where are our guys?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
So, SI released their list of the 50 top-earning American athletes in salary, winnings, endorsements and appearance fees. Where are our guys? I'll help you.....

Page 2 - Dale Earnhardt @ #11 - $26,611,290.00 - I guess wining isn't everything! :no:

Page 3 - Jeff Gordon @ #21 - $20,944,140.00

Here's the link for the numbers.....

SI.com - The Fortunate 50

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Tiger almost double the #2 earnings...and he didn't even play last year...indorsements baby;)

Reading the comments below each was interesting:

Under Jr. they said something to the effect "what NASCAR needs is for him to win more than every 76 races"...not too cool in my opinion.

Under Gordon: Gordon was awarded the Boy Scouts of America's Silver Buffalo for charity work: He has raised $7 million for sick kids. He joins other honorees such as Charles Lindbergh and Walt Disney....now that was :cool:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Under Jr. they said something to the effect "what NASCAR needs is for him to win more than every 76 races"...

VERY true. And, while I'm no big Jr. fan, if he won the championship it would be HUGE for the sport. This economy isn't going to get any better anytime soon. I'm scared to even think about it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=ahfK709b4uds

Tiger almost double the #2 earnings...and he didn't even play last year...indorsements baby

Yeah, endorsements are big time. I think next year Tiger becomes the first billionaire athlete. All from hitting a little white ball around. Check out what he's been working on....

The Tiger Woods Dubai

Last edited: