The Comcast Cup?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Tell me that this is not going to happen again.....

From Jayski.....

The Comcast Cup? Will Comcast buy Sprint? "As telco giants AT&T and Verizon move deeper into the TV business, cable giants like Comcast may have to get into the wireless business to compete. That could eventually involve Comcast buying Sprint Nextel, the No. 3 U.S. wireless carrier," writes Silicon Alley Insider. Comcast and Sprint are backing the Clearwire 4G wireless network, and its WiMax system. If Clearwire doesn't connect, and cash-rich Comcast decides it's easier to buy than build, "the most logical deal could be for Sprint, which currently has a $12 billion market cap," Insider says. "It's not a new idea. But it could make sense in the next few years." Citing a report from Pali Research, the article quotes Comcast CEO Brian Roberts at the annual cable show in Washington yesterday: “Wireless is a conundrum for the cable industry... AT&T and Verizon... are the super elephants. They’ve got all the market share..." He "avoided a clear answer to the question as to whether Clearwire was Comcast’s sole wireless strategy."

Jayski's® NASCAR Silly Season Site - NASCAR Sprint Cup News Page

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Sprint would still be a seperate brand.. much like within Anheiseur Busch for all those years.. Bud was it's own"company" while bud light busch etc was each it's own company as well. Even if they change it to the Comcast Cup.. who cares as long as they race.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Isn't that what Fox has tried to turn Speed into? I remember when they showed racing other than F1 and Nascar.

Oh I hope not. Rupert Murdoch's NASCAR Channel. They could screw up NASCAR News like they screw up real news...:shock:

:)

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I thought they could only change the name once and they already did that when they went from Nextel to Sprint...

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I thought they could only change the name once and they already did that when they went from Nextel to Sprint...

With the amount of money they pay to NASCAR to be the title sponsor, I would think they could change the name as often as they'd wish, within reason, of course...:right:

:)

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
if comcast purchases sprint, which i highly doubt hesse will do, i will leave sprint as i can't stand dealing with sprint even though they will still be 2 different companies, just like SiriusXM is.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Sprint Cup = Good, it fits...:bigthumbup:

Comcast Cup = Bad, it's cheesy, cheap, and nobody would take the sport seriously...:thumbsdown:

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
if anything happens it'll end up like the whole sirius/xm merger. sirius owns xm and the new name becomes siriusxm, yet when you call them they either answer the phone sirius satellite radio or xm satellite radio.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Sprint Cup = Good, it fits...:bigthumbup:

Comcast Cup = Bad, it's cheesy, cheap, and nobody would take the sport seriously...:thumbsdown:

Winston Cup = Good, it fits...:bigthumbup:

Sprint Cup = Bad, it's cheesy, cheap, and nobody would take the sport seriously...:thumbsdown:

Damn, I'm sorry. I'm running a little late on this post! :yesshake: LOL

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
All this changing all the time is BS and confusing to everyone. It should just be called the Nascar Cup sponsored by.......(insert name)