Stiletto 2 battery dies

jcramin

Oct 22, 2008
I have had my Stiletto 2 for a couple months now, and twice I have turned it off and put it away and when I went to get it out about 4 or 5 days later the batter was completely dead.

The first time I figured maybe I put it in sleep mode then accidentally hit the power switch when I put it in its case and it stayed on, but the 2nd time I know I turned it off Saturday and I just now grabbed it and the batter is dead.

I dont use the radio on a regular basis so that's why it sometimes sits for several days

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Thanks,
J

jcramin

Oct 22, 2008
Here is a little more info that may be of interest. I left my Stiletto 2 turned off but charging over night. At 6:30 am I took it off the charged and turned in on. Once it was on I put it in sleep mode. When I got to work 2 hours later I took it out of sleep mode and it already showed only 98% battery life. Will just turning it on and putting it to sleep and waking it up use 2% of the battery ? I am just trying to figure out why my battery dies when it just sits for a few days and im lost.

Thanks,
J

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
... Will just turning it on and putting it to sleep and waking it up use 2% of the battery ? ...

Yes, that's normal. Sleep mode is a low power mode. If you want to preserve battery power over a long period, you must shut down the SL2 by pressing the off button for 10 seconds. The screen should show a "Shutting down..." message.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Also keep in mind you have to goto internet mode to turn off the sat chips. If they are on, even in sleep mode, they will drain your battery. Before I take my SL2 out of the dock in the morning I do the routine of going to the internet then going to the Library. Otherwise .... you will drain the battery quick.

jcramin

Oct 22, 2008
Did the battery expand?

Nope the battery did not expand. Is it possible to drain if I powered it off when in SAT mode ? I know it was in SAT mode when I powered it off last time.

I will make sure to just do the Internet mode then Library each time before I turn it off to make sure.

Thanks,
J

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Nope the battery did not expand. Is it possible to drain if I powered it off when in SAT mode ? I know it was in SAT mode when I powered it off last time.

I will make sure to just do the Internet mode then Library each time before I turn it off to make sure.

Thanks,
J

Yes. Not as fast as on but certainly a significant use.

Also, be sure and shut it off and do a complete restart at least once a week. I have had mine completely drain the battery in a matter of hours if has been on unrebooted longer than that.

jcramin

Oct 22, 2008
Yes. Not as fast as on but certainly a significant use.

Also, be sure and shut it off and do a complete restart at least once a week. I have had mine completely drain the battery in a matter of hours if has been on unrebooted longer than that.

When you say a complete restart, you mean power it off and make sure it says SHUTTING DOWN and then when it turns on I get the dog with the 5 dots under him ???

Thanks,
J

jcramin

Oct 22, 2008
I just bought a Home Kit for my radio so I guess I will always have it on the Home Dock unless I am using the radio away from home.

I assume it is ok to keep the radio on a home dock all the time right ?

J