Slacker Adds 5 Christmas Holiday Channels

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Slacker has added the Christmas Holiday Channels under the Seasonal Category, these are ready to listen to from the web player, software player or downloaded to your Slacker G1 or G2.

Holiday Hits Radio
Holiday Hits on Slacker Radio is the perfect soundtrack for your holiday festivities. Enjoy classic songs from Frank Sinatra, Burl Ives and Johnny Mathis as well as contemporary artists like Amy Grant, Mariah Carey and Mannheim Steamroller.

Holiday Classics Radio
Holiday Classics on Slacker Radio includes all the traditional holiday favorites of the season including Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Elvis Presley and many

Country Holiday Radio
Get in the spirit of the season with Country Holiday on Slacker Radio. You'll hear all the holiday standards and new seasonal releases from today's biggest country stars including Carrie Underwood, George Strait, Alan Jackson and Rascal Flatts--plus classic artists like Willie Nelson, Brenda Lee, Gene Autry and Merle Haggard.

Jazz Holiday Radio
Holiday Jazz on Slacker Radio spotlights Jingle Bell Jazz and seasonal sounds from today’s stars and yesterday’s luminaries. Enjoy the holiday cheer from Diana Krall, Tony Bennett, Jimmy Smith, Chet Baker, Dianne Reeves, Wynton Marsalis, Vince Guaraldi, Lou Rawls and many more!

Dysfunctional Holiday Radio (like XM's Special X)
Sometimes the holidays aren't all chestnuts and tinsel. That's why Dysfunctional Holiday on Slacker Radio showcases the best in non-traditional, left-of-center and unheard songs that celebrate the most wonderful time of the year!

Last edited:

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
funny-pictures-bah-humbug-cat.jpg

MikeV

Oct 15, 2008
Northern VA, USA
www.mikev.com
Make note... if you add these stations to your Favorites, you can listen to them ANYTIME! Of course, my hope is that their Seasonal category will hold them year-round, so you can get your Christmas in July groove on too, if you so desire. :)

RomeE

Oct 27, 2008
San Diego, CA
Seasonal Stations...

Make note... if you add these stations to your Favorites, you can listen to them ANYTIME! Of course, my hope is that their Seasonal category will hold them year-round, so you can get your Christmas in July groove on too, if you so desire. :)

We just added them to our Forums, and I have included the URL's so that if they rotate out of the Station List on the Web Player, the URL's will still be available via the forums.

I hope everyone enjoys the Christmas Stations as much as they did the Halloween Station. We got lots of feedback from people who said they loved the Halloween station and used it to entertain during Halloween Parties.

Thanks Everybody.

Rome E
Slacker Support

Oct 29, 2008
The Christmas tunes already are killing me. Watch out 2009. Here we come......

Oh. Anyone want to buy me a G2 8 gig for a gift ? I'm not in any rush for it.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I've listened to a couple of these and man they are very well programed.

I want to apologies for my typos in this announcement (now corrected), but I posted this from my iPod Touch while out of town in the wee hours last night. That little display isn't very friendly to make big post like this.

Enjoy the Slacker Christmas Holiday Channels! :)

MNXMFan

Oct 24, 2008
I was hoping for a rock christmas channel too, but oh well.

How about Turkey Tunes? hehe.

Great job Slacker. Dysfunctional Holiday will likely keep me happy for the holiday season!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Thanks, DAB. I'm sure I'll like the Classics channel.

I just can't bring myself to listen before Thanksgiving.:D

I know how this holiday season has rapidly came upon us. I've done a few sneak peaks, but haven't been ready to sink them to my device just yet. But I was thinking on doing that this weekend. :)