Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
> Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins will induct Rush
> Don Henley will induct Randy Newman
> Jennifer Hudson and Christina Aguilera will team up to honor the late Donna Summer
> John Mayer will induct the late Albert King.

They have yet to announce who will induct Public Enemy or Ahmet Ertegun Award For Lifetime Achievement winners Lou Adler and Quincy Jones. A press release notes that "additional presenters and special guests will be announced at a later date."

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony will held on April 18th at the Nokia Theater L.A. Live. It will be broadcast on HBO on May 18th.

Read more: Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins to Induct Rush Into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame | Music News | Rolling Stone

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I thought I heard LL Cool J was going to induct Public Enemy.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Check out an exciting interview with Geddy & Alex tomorrow morning at 10am EST on Vh1's Big Morning Buzz Live. The guys will be stopping by to talk about their upcoming induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and 2013 Tour.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Crap. I have a meeting. I wonder if it will be available on demand?

Nope. Just checked. No shows for Rock Hall. They are dead to me too. :jj:

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
photo.jpg

10am EST on VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live

It's on TV!! VH1 Set your DVR

I put it here because they will talk about induction.

Reactions: HecticArt

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL APPEARANCES FROM HARRY BELAFONTE, JACKSON BROWNE, JERRY CANTRELL, CHEECH & CHONG, CHRIS CORNELL, JOHN FOGERTY, CAROLE KING, SPIKE LEE, MIKE MCCREADY AND USHER AT 28TH ANNUAL INDUCTION CEREMONY

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum has announced additional presenters and performers for the 28th Annual Rock and Rock Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. Four of this year’s inductees—Heart, Randy Newman, Public Enemy and Rush—are confirmed to perform at the event, which will also honor Albert King and Donna Summer; as well as Lou Adler and Quincy Jones, this year’s recipients of the Ahmet Ertegun Award for Lifetime Achievement. To be held at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles on Thursday, April 18, 2013, the star-studded event will feature appearances by

Usher, who will perform for Quincy Jones;
Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready and Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains, who will perform with Heart;
Spike Lee and Harry Belafonte, who will pay tribute to Public Enemy;
Carole King, who will perform for Lou Adler;
Chris Cornell, who will induct Heart;
comedy legends Cheech & Chong, who will present Adler with his award;
and Jackson Browne and John Fogerty, who will perform with Randy Newman.
The induction ceremony will be presented on HBO on Saturday, May 18 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. More talent will be announced prior to the show.

As previously announced, John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr. will perform for Albert King, with Mayer giving the induction speech; 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Don Henley will induct Randy Newman; Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Hudson will perform in honor of Donna Summer; and Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters will present Rush.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Things are heating up on this channel as the Thursday ceremony is quickly approaching. And if you have never been able to listen to this channel, tune to Classic Vinyl SXM 26 for a preview Friday @ Noon.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Channel 310 is my channel for the day. Tonight's the big night- anybody gonna watch it on HBO? Regardless of our feelings towards this joke of an organization, there will be some incredible performances as always. I don't have HBO, so I'll have to find another way to catch it.

Big Rush news- they got their own stamp!

Rush-stamp.jpg

Canada Post Rocks Out New Stamps Featuring Canadian Bands - RUSH

Now, lets start the campaign to get Deep Purple in next year!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Channel 310 is my channel for the day. Tonight's the big night- anybody gonna watch it on HBO? Regardless of our feelings towards this joke of an organization, there will be some incredible performances as always. I don't have HBO, so I'll have to find another way to catch it.

Rush-stamp.jpg

Now, lets start the campaign to get Deep Purple in next year, so we can hear Jack Black do Smoke on the Water!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

Rush-stamp.jpg

Now, lets start the campaign to get Deep Purple in next year, so we can hear Jack Black do Smoke on the Water!

I'll watch it. (Go figure.)
For as much as I've despised the RRHOF, for as many reasons as they have given me to proclaim that "The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is DEAD to me!" The concerts are usually a good bit of fun. I can justify it by that it's all about the rock and roll, and not about the hall of fame.

Now all I have to do is get a Canadian buddy to send me a couple of Rush stamps.......