Pioneer SCVDOC1

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
I'm thinking of buying a Pioneer AVH P3100, 4000, 4100 or an F700bt, I also want to replace my old Pioneer tuner box with an cd-sb10 translator, SCVDOC1, and use my Sportster 4 as a tuner.

My question is, what kind of display info will I get, and what features will be available with this setup? I currently have a Pioneer DEH-6700MP with OEL display. Would this setup work with that head unit until I bought a new one? I assume since my current head unit is older, none of the newer features would work? It seems pretty difficult to find out information on these setups. Hope you guys know something. Thanks.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
A CDSB10 and SCVDOC1 would work with your current set up as well as any new pioneer sat ready head unit. How it interfaces with your sportster 4 will be limited as to what the SP4 can do. Basically you won't have any replay functions (pause, rewind and fast forward). As for what will be displayed, im not too sure. I know you will get station and possibly artist and title, but I'm not sure about much else. It depends on what programing codes pioneer decided to use. At any rate, using the SCVDOC1 w/ your SP4 is a smart move because it will help keep subscription costs low.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
Thanks Matt for the reply. Would the game/artist alert, and replay work with a newer head unit? Do you guys bundle the cdsb10 and the scvdoc1 together? If I get BOXM on my SP4 will it work through this setup? I know it's a simple question, but my current tuner box won't get boxm.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
The game alerts wouldn't come through, even with the new units. We don't bundle that package but call me and I can set something up for you.

Neel

Nov 15, 2008
I have the AVH p3100DVD in my truck and used the SCVDOC1 to connect it to my Sportster 5. Although I am happy with the fact that I can use my head unit to control Sirius, the display options kinda sucks. You can only have Artist or Song Name or Channel Name displayed at a time. When you preset the channels, the channel name doesn't even appear on the screen....so you basically gotta remember that P1 is "Hits 1" and P2 is "80s on 8", etc....

Also, you can only have 6 presents at a time and then if you want the next 6, you have to hit "next" and then "band". I guess it's not as user friendly as I thought, but having the sportster doc in the glove box makes the install look clean.