no power to receiver on subx1

sleddman

Jul 21, 2011
when i turn on power on subx1, i get no power to starmate receiver or through aux. plug. this happen when using ac plug, or with batteries. is there an internal fuse in the box that could be blown???

sleddman

Jul 21, 2011
yes, no sound when i plug a mp3 to aux channel, and when i put my sirius receiver on the boombox, i get nothing!! no power, no lights. nothing!! however the power light lights up green on the boombox.

sleddman

Jul 21, 2011
yes, i've tried pressing the source button but nothing happens. i've taken the boombox apart and checked all connections. i have continuity from the ac plug in back of unit to both the sirius receiver dock and the aux plug.

sleddman

Jul 21, 2011
no, it doesn't work with batteries either. not only do i not get any sound, the display on the satellite receiver does not work either. no power to receiver at all!!!

normally the next thing I'd ask is if the radio works on other docks. But it really does sound as if the boombox has an internal problem. Especially if you are getting no sound on both the Sirius and aux channels. Just to be completely thorough:

1. Have you tried cleaning the dock connection off with a light alcohol solution?
2. Are you sure you're plugging the mp3 player into the aux in and not the headphone out?

sleddman

Jul 21, 2011
i also think its an internal problem!! no sound on both the sirius and aux channel. the sirius works in my car! i tried cleaning the dock connection but same result. do you know if sirius will sell me replacement circuit boards or would it be cheaper to just buy a new unit? thanks for your help!!!!