comparing my ipod minis click wheel to the zunepad i find that
the zunepad is more sensitve to the touch and is more
manuverable for me,
the zune software is nice but i must confess that i do prefer the itunes
software not high on the social thing just yet
i have noticed that the marketplace doesnt offer a few artists
album titles for download.plus a few artists arent carried at all
ie the raveups for example,download of the songs are on par with itunes in
terms of speed,watching video on the zune is a cool feature i watched some of the
new Knight Rider took forever to download thou.synching with the pc is really a snap and is faster imo then my ipod.havent tried wireless syching yet,
i did purchase a album using the marketplace while using the zune so you dont have to have the software running to purchase songs i really like that idea
im enjoying the zune a whole lot but battery life could be improved either with a firmware update or replacement battery life is kind of short
i will give it a 8/10

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Are iPods the only player you can use iTunes with or can you use a Zune on iTunes?...:right:

I would think you would be able to use almost any (if not all) MP3 players on iTunes. If you can't, then you'd have to transfer all your songs to another program...:shock:

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Exactly a year now. Got it Black Friday last year. It works fine after I re-format and re-add the music, but then after about a month or so I get song reading problems, and errors in finding songs. But re-syncing everything fixes it for a bit. Reading around I've heard it's a hard drive failure problem, or something dying. That may not be the case, but I have yet to find a fix for it. It does only do it for my Zune marketplace songs, though, so I'd imainge it just is a problem with the zune knowing I have purchases the songs..

Who knows. Either way, I need more space!

KTMCDO

Oct 15, 2008
ALBUQUERQUE NM
just a quick update so far i am really enjoying the zune software
i find that the ripping speed for a cd is faster then itunes
but i have noticed that a few artists arent available for download
ac/dc def leoppard are some that arent avalible

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
AC/DC and Def Leoppard aren't available just about anywhere. Their record labels must think they are such valued bands that they don't need to allow their music to be released on digital services. It has also been said that those artist don't play on Slacker!

Santinelli

Oct 16, 2008
Milford, NH
Actually, from what I understand NOW, AC/DC has there own record label, and have CHOSEN to not be part of itunes/zune.

They have a belief that a album should be purchased in its entirety, and not song by song, or something like that.

So, I don't get why they can't just work with Itunes or the Zune Marketplace, or Rhapsody, or Napster, or WHOEVER to sell only the ALBUM's. Because lets face it... We all LOVE AC/DC! :)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Since getting Slacker I have discovered there are several artist like this. AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Bob Segar just to name a few.

In my opinion all these groups do is create a black market for their music doing stupid stuff like this.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Actually, from what I understand NOW, AC/DC has there own record label, and have CHOSEN to not be part of itunes/zune.

They have a belief that a album should be purchased in its entirety, and not song by song, or something like that.

So, I don't get why they can't just work with Itunes or the Zune Marketplace, or Rhapsody, or Napster, or WHOEVER to sell only the ALBUM's. Because lets face it... We all LOVE AC/DC! :)

100% correct...they are unique and it helps that they had something like 3 million guaranteed sales of the new album from Walmart