Miserable men - are they really that stupid?

sjb4

Oct 12, 2008
For the first and last time in my life I listened to the Miserable Men show tonight. I listened to about the first 15 minutes on my ride home. Shuli opened the show by mentioning that they would discuss the passing of Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett. They proceed to bust Levy's ball about how helpless he is and interspersed are 4 or 5 callers, all asking them if they knew Michael Jackson also died. The crew acted as if it all the callers were playing a big prank on them. Please tell me that it was schtick. If it was schtick, it was really dumb, but if indeed they thought the audience collaborated to prank them, then they are the biggest bunch of retards I've ever heard. How could they not have access to this info at 8 pm EST?

wwfmike

Oct 13, 2008
Santa Rosa, NM
Knowing Shuli, it was shtick. Sounds dumb, like shuli's shtick.

Unfortunately, I will have the pleasure of listening to MM for the last time.....there will never be a first time. HEY OOOOO

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
For the first and last time in my life I listened to the Miserable Men show tonight. I listened to about the first 15 minutes on my ride home. Shuli opened the show by mentioning that they would discuss the passing of Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett. They proceed to bust Levy's ball about how helpless he is and interspersed are 4 or 5 callers, all asking them if they knew Michael Jackson also died. The crew acted as if it all the callers were playing a big prank on them. Please tell me that it was schtick. If it was schtick, it was really dumb, but if indeed they thought the audience collaborated to prank them, then they are the biggest bunch of retards I've ever heard. How could they not have access to this info at 8 pm EST?
Obvious shtick. They were trolling the callers big time.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
but, but, this is the quality stuff howard is putting on his stations.

Like wwfmike, i will never listen to MM

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
miserable men = the worst ever

the existence of this show is the most damning evidence for haters that howard isn't 100% into programming effort

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
the existence of this show is the most damning evidence for haters that howard isn't 100% into programming effort

so riley martin is? Or how about ronnie the limo driver? Maybe the fast food special?

Come on man, you think howard is into programming? He does a fine show himself, beyond that and TWUS, there is NOTHING worth listening to on the channels, IMHO of course. People can make an arguement for bubba, but I don't even like that show.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
They should just cut the crap...including TWUS. I get annoyed when I want to listen to a few minutes of Howard, and end up hearing one of those a-holes like Ralph or Shuly.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I agree with the OP that the Miserable Men show is probably the worst show on the air.

I don't know who ever told Shuli he was funny or interesting but I wish that person could be found and beaten severly. Shuli is completly UNinteresting and I've never heard him say anything funny. He ruins every show he is on and everythign he touches.

Bob Levy is boring and I can't stand it when he comes on the STern Show anymore, let alone him hosting an entire show.

Howard needs to really X out some of these horrible shows.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Come on man, you think howard is into programming? He does a fine show himself, beyond that and TWUS, there is NOTHING worth listening to on the channels, IMHO of course. People can make an arguement for bubba, but I don't even like that show.

so...we agree on this point...what exactly did I post just there that you are taking issue with?

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I've always hated those guys. I am so sick of the Bob levy can't spell or talk shtick. I hear they do that every show. I hate when he's on Howard because they always go to that shtick well.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
so...we agree on this point...what exactly did I post just there that you are taking issue with?

i thought that you BELIEVED howard does put some effort into extra pramming on his channels. I don't think he puts any extra effort, he just makes sure his show is OK, then goes home.

Really its OK by me, gives me plenty of time to catch up on all my other recorded content.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
You guys don't find it hilarious when Bob Levy tries to pronounce words? Or spell words? I'm not sure how anyone can't like that show. You can't find that kind of humor in many places.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
i thought that you BELIEVED howard does put some effort into extra pramming on his channels. I don't think he puts any extra effort, he just makes sure his show is OK, then goes home.

Really its OK by me, gives me plenty of time to catch up on all my other recorded content.

nah, gotta be nuts to think that at this point

to me, most of the off-brand H100 and 101 stuff is shite, although occasionally something may turn out funny by accident

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I hope your just pulling our legs. I hate the Bob levy bit. It's so old and tiresome.

No way. I know Jason Ellis likes to proclaim himself as "the future of radio", but I have to think that distinction should go to the Miserable Men.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Wow, who else is attempting to listen to the Miserable Men show now? Help me, Jeebus, this shit is terrible.

I don't ever get a chance to listen to Sirius on Sunday evenings, but maybe that wasn't a bad thing.

These guys suck.