Lynx questions...

acguy1999

Mar 18, 2013
That's correct. The Lynx is in my dock. When I go to the channel I want to record (ie 125 Patriot), I click on the "Action" button. There, the choices I have is "Learn More", "Alert", "Edit". According to the user's manual I'm suppose to have an option to "record" but it's not there.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Probably dumb question, because I can't remember the answer. But I don't have satellite hooked up to my Lynx. I mainly use it for the internet feed, but if I plug my Lynx into my car will the 2.0 channels work on satellite or are they made for the internet side?

Because the only way, I can hear them is whenever I plug my iPhone into the aux jack.

UPDATE: I found my own answer, if I want to listen to 2.0 channels. I'll just have to keep plugging in my iPhone to hear them.

Last edited:

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Probably dumb question, because I can't remember the answer. But I don't have satellite hooked up to my Lynx. I mainly use it for the internet feed, but if I plug my Lynx into my car will the 2.0 channels work on satellite or are they made for the internet side?

Because the only way, I can hear them is whenever I plug my iPhone into the aux jack.

UPDATE: I found my own answer, if I want to listen to 2.0 channels. I'll just have to keep plugging in my iPhone to hear them.

What channel(s) in particular. In Satellite Mode you should be able to get all the Xtra channels as well. Meaning these ones. Xtra Channels - SiriusXM Radio

But you won't be able to get say BBC 1, which is only online.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
What channel(s) in particular. In Satellite Mode you should be able to get all the Xtra channels as well. Meaning these ones. Xtra Channels - SiriusXM Radio

But you won't be able to get say BBC 1, which is only online.

I do see from the link, RockBar and Red White & Booze are couple of the channels I listen. I also enjoy listening to Y2Kountry, is that part of the deal?

I also notice that, the Live NFL Games "Sports Play-by-Play 861-892" is on there, how about the MLB, NBA and NHL team channels?

If so, then I want to install my Lynx in the car and cancel the Sirius built-in one.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I do see from the link, RockBar and Red White & Booze are couple of the channels I listen. I also enjoy listening to Y2Kountry, is that part of the deal?

I also notice that, the Live NFL Games "Sports Play-by-Play 861-892" is on there, how about the MLB, NBA and NHL team channels?

If so, then I want to install my Lynx in the car and cancel the Sirius built-in one.

Personally, I'd ditch the built in sub and go full tilt on the Lynx. One sub that you can take from home to car to work is the way to go. I'm cheap like that.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Personally, I'd ditch the built in sub and go full tilt on the Lynx. One sub that you can take from home to car to work is the way to go. I'm cheap like that.

I already, take my Lynx to 2 out of the 3 places and I doubt I would save any money. I still be paying the same price every month about $20 something a month. Because I subscribe to satellite in the car and my Lynx/iPhone is my internet, I would like to get more a few more channels.

Plus I wonder if my built-in antenna would still work for the Lynx? I drive a Ford.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
Ok, day one newbie. After reading back a few of the Lynx post you will think I'm crazy for not knowing that the internet feed on the Lynx would be extra. Dont get me wrong, I know that apps and internet feeds on the computer is extra but the wifi feed on my stiletto is part of the radio, not extra. I guess I thought a Sirius branded radio would just connect with a good sat sub like the S-100/s-2

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The Lynx gets both sat and web like the SL's, but you can access all of the fun tune-start, sat 2.0, extra channels, song info, and whatnot if you use sat and web modes.

I like the convenience of having it all in one radio instead of paying for 2 subs and farting around with my cell while I'm driving.

I hadn't priced it out before to see that you would be close to even with two separate subs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
I hope its ok to use this thread for any ones general ?'s.

If I use auto off in the can dock will the Lynx still record in sat mode?

I have also sighed up for full internet, I figure it will be a wash because I now have a XM radio so I dropped B of XM and dont need B of S. So I will be exploring all the 2.0 stations, 3 songs in on Rock Bar and love it.

What is my record space for my morning show that i record if I use the radio replay option? I used to keep last 10 shows but did not see that as an option?

sorry about being all over the place here.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
Will "Tune Mix" skip any talk type station I have in the fav bar?

Do I have to worry about the battery and heat like I did with the S-100 and the S-2, I had to pull the battery and leave the back off, i actually got small cracks in the glass due to battery swelling.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Wolf, the Xtra channels are exactly as name implies- they are extra channels you get on satellite only with the Lynx & Edge all listed in that link that Taylor posted:

7 music channels
3 Comedy (Talk & Entertainment) channels
12 Latin Channels

However, when you select the Sports tab, That information is incorrect! You only get 1 Sport channel: Sportcenter. No play by play channels are available as Xtra channels

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Will "Tune Mix" skip any talk type station I have in the fav bar?

Do I have to worry about the battery and heat like I did with the S-100 and the S-2, I had to pull the battery and leave the back off, i actually got small cracks in the glass due to battery swelling.

Tom -

No heat issues that I've run into. I rarely record though, and I don't record in the car either. I know some people had trouble with the 100's and 2's recording in hot cars.

Every now and then I do have to pull the battery to get it to initialize to find the antenna, but it hasn't been as much of a pain in the arse as the 100's and 2's. I still really like the radio.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
Tom -

No heat issues that I've run into. I rarely record though, and I don't record in the car either. I know some people had trouble with the 100's and 2's recording in hot cars.

Every now and then I do have to pull the battery to get it to initialize to find the antenna, but it hasn't been as much of a pain in the arse as the 100's and 2's. I still really like the radio.

Thanks Hectic, I guess I find out soon it should be in the 90s soon, mid 80's now. My only disappointment is I dont get to "covert" my old docks and boombox like I did when i got the S-2. :bigcry:

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008

I'm the opposite. I want to get into the car and have it 'just work' without having to remember to bring something else along or have wires all over the dash, etc.

I have one of the SCC1 units in my Honda hooked up via the HON-SC1 interface and I like the simplicity of it.

That being said, I do miss the old features of Tune Select (which I think has gone by the wayside, now) and getting multiple lines of text and other info that you'd get on the PNPs.

I completely get the 'take it with you and save on the subs'-point, though.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm the opposite. I want to get into the car and have it 'just work' without having to remember to bring something else along or have wires all over the dash, etc.

I have one of the SCC1 units in my Honda hooked up via the HON-SC1 interface and I like the simplicity of it.

That being said, I do miss the old features of Tune Select (which I think has gone by the wayside, now) and getting multiple lines of text and other info that you'd get on the PNPs.

I completely get the 'take it with you and save on the subs'-point, though.

I guess I'm just cheap. :JJ:
If I spent more time in the car, I could justify a second sub, but since I spend more time listening at work and home, it doesn't make sense for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I was looking up couple of things about the Lynx and just notice this screenshot, I know the hearts are favorite presets, but what are the stars?

Attachments

• lynx.jpg
    lynx.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 11

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I was looking up couple of things about the Lynx and just notice this screenshot, I know the hearts are favorite presets, but what are the stars?
Featured Favorite Channel Pages
Groups of channels created by the SiriusXM Programming
Department that are saved as favorites (up to 5 selectable pages). Selected page is highlighted.

Like during Black History Month, they featured channels that pertained to that. Mostly, It's Music Discovery Channels. During the Holidays, they had all the Holiday Channels. You can't add or remove them, but you can turn this feature off by going to Settings and My Content.

Reactions: Wolf