God's Toaster

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I'm not sure if anybody in my family has ever had a pop-tart.

That's just sad. Are you hill people? Albanians?

Like Hyson, we just have a toaster oven. No, it doesn't do toast as well as a dedicated toaster but we don't often eat toast so that's OK. We only use it to reheat small portions of food.

Fascinating. I thought toast was a staple of modern life, a reliable constant in a world in flux. Who knew so many people eschew toast?

Jimr

Apr 12, 2013

We don't eat many "ready made" meals. About the closest we come is an occasional canned soup. My mother didn't cook (she was the self-proclaimed worst cook in the state) so I ate at my girlfriend's house and her mother made everything from scratch. That rubbed off on my wife and the cooking/eating habits were passed down to my children. So far it seems like my grandchildren are getting into the good habits too.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA

Carny folk.

Fascinating. I thought toast was a staple of modern life, a reliable constant in a world in flux. Who knew so many people eschew toast?

You're thinking of Clamato juice. No one drinks it, but it's comforting to know it's there.

We don't eat many "ready made" meals. About the closest we come is an occasional canned soup. My mother didn't cook (she was the self-proclaimed worst cook in the state) so I ate at my girlfriend's house and her mother made everything from scratch. That rubbed off on my wife and the cooking/eating habits were passed down to my children. So far it seems like my grandchildren are getting into the good habits too.

Good for you. Avoid processed foods. You'll develop a fascination for owning multiple bicycles and Brian Eno. The next stop is prison.

Jimr

Apr 12, 2013
Good for you. Avoid processed foods. You'll develop a fascination for owning multiple bicycles and Brian Eno. The next stop is prison.

I can't see owning more than one bike and have no intention on going to prison but i do like Brian Eno. We have music playing in our house 24/7 and a good number of the albums in the rotation are by Brian Eno as well as Robert Wyatt. Besides those two the only other "contemporary" group/artist in the collections is Time for Three. If you've never head them you should check it out. It is said that they are the world's first classically-trained garage band.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Reasons to own more than one bike:

1. Unexpected guests.
2. Formal vs casual.
3. Sometimes one or more will be in the shop.
4. Multibike!! Multibike!!
5. It makes your garage look very cool.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008

1. Unexpected guests.
2. Formal vs casual.

6. Different bikes do different things. You're not going to take your 5lb road bike out on a single track course.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital

1. Unexpected guests.
2. Formal vs casual.

I own 2 cars. One pickup and one sports car.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Can you provide some connection between this thread and that video clip? Pop-Tarts<tm> come wrapped in a reflective plastic, and the first Factory was covered with aluminum foil and aluminized mylar ... that's all I've got.

He thought you said Pop Art not Pop Tart.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
He thought you said Pop Art not Pop Tart.

It all makes sense now.

morris-pop-tarts.jpg

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I can't see owning more than one bike and have no intention on going to prison but i do like Brian Eno. We have music playing in our house 24/7 and a good number of the albums in the rotation are by Brian Eno as well as Robert Wyatt. Besides those two the only other "contemporary" group/artist in the collections is Time for Three. If you've never head them you should check it out. It is said that they are the world's first classically-trained garage band.

Have you met memebag? You may be the only other person on Earth who likes Brian Eno, so he may latch on to you. Don't feed him and eventually he'll wander off to find one of Houston's many culinary treasures.

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
Which toaster is this? Link to it on Amazon?

Oh, I had a similar moment earlier this year when I bought a Vitamix 750.. $800. That was pretty steep. It'll blend anything without hesitation, though.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
If I violated that in the raised-from-the-dead coffee grinder thread then just delete my post.

Zombies are hot these days.

With all of the moronic threads we've kept active for years, this one is refreshing. Like a cup of hot coffee in the morning. :yesshake:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Which toaster is this? Link to it on Amazon?

Oh, I had a similar moment earlier this year when I bought a Vitamix 750.. $800. That was pretty steep. It'll blend anything without hesitation, though.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BTA830XL-Die-Cast-4-Slice-Toaster/dp/B00AZY3TFE/ref=sr_1_32?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1384519951&sr=1-32&keywords=toaster]Amazon.com: Breville BTA830XL Die-Cast 4-Slice Long Slot Smart Toaster: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
I hope you know I'm kidding!

We encourage consumerism. Non gadget-geeks, head for the door.

I wasn't sure. I could see someone coming up with a hard and fast rule of: "No Advertising!" to defeat spammers and then any link to Amazon becomes a spam.

Anyway.. Good to know.