Dr. Who Noob Advice

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I said on Facebook I wanted Clara Oswald to become the next Doctor but apparently memebag doesn't like incredibly hot, short girls with big racks.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I'm wearing this T shirt today:

f0b395d28545bb73a5e32c9c09529f66.jpg
That's a little freaky. Casual liked this post from 2015 and I'm wearing the same shirt today.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I still have the whole 10th season to watch and tomorrow we get the news of who will be the next Doctor!

Doctor Who: New actor to be revealed after Wimbledon - BBC News

There are a bunch of people who are rumored but I like this guy the best:

Who will replace Peter Capaldi as the Doctor? The latest odds

GettyImages-130222369.jpg

Kris Marshall. He just looks like the Doctor to me. People think he is an odd choice cause they know him as the bad guy, or maybe the dork character from Love Actually. I've seen that movie but I don't remember him at all. Anyways, he's my pick out of the rumored group.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
And we got a lady Doctor.

I've seen all seasons of Broadchurch and I don't remember her. At least one of the female leads will be attractive.

aec7a465f84680295b0fb2d7c84f605c.jpg

A woman Doctor is fine. I don't care either way so long as she is entertaining. Really I'm happy the Capaldi era is over. He was my least favorite doctor since the 05 revival. What does bother me is all the people who wrote articles like this:

Please, BBC, Let A Woman Finally Shatter The 'Doctor Who' Glass Ceiling | HuffPost

will now feel vindicated and that's annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
There is so much wrong with this. First off the new Doctor Who is a woman, not a black man. Second, this is a weird premise for an episode.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
DOCTOR WHO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!

I can't wait for this new era of Who to begin. I couldn't even make it all the way through last season. I just didn't like Calpaldi in the role at all and the stories didn't do it for me. I am so ready to see Whittaker take over with a new showrunner at her side. I love the show so much and it pains me when it's not up to my Who standards. We get the regeneration out of the way today and then it's a whole new ballgame in 2018 and I couldn't be more excited!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ok, it took me a year to get around to the latest season and I'm not even finished the first episode yet but...HOLY SHIT THIS NEW LADY DOCTOR IS AWESOME!!! I already love her way more than Capaldi. She is in contention with Eccleston and Tennant and if she can keep up this level of fun, playful and also serious when need be acting (and the writers can keep it up for her too) then she will be in a battle with Matt Smith for my all time (since the 05 revival since I haven't seen any of the original series) favorite Doctor!

This pilot episode of hers is up there with Smith's and I've watched that one a million times. I still don't know who her companion is going to be but I hope it's the young guy who can't ride a bike and not the chick from last season. Both that girl and Capaldi stunk and got me to quit the show half way through last season.

Also, I know saying she is up there with Tennant after only 40 mins is sacrilege but I don't love him as much as so many others do. My Doctor is Smith. Which is also weird cause usually people love the doctor they started watching and I had already watched all of Eccleston and Tennant before Smith blew my socks off.

Anyway, back to the point. Jodie Whittaker has restored my faith in The Doctor and I can't wait to waste my weekend watching her fly through time and space.

And I haven't even seen her TARDIS yet!!!

jodie-whittaker-doctor-who-feature.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: memebag

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
So I'm 4 eps deep now.

s11e03 was a Rosa Parks episode. It was touching and it's always cool when the companions meet past historical figures and are blown away. Those types of eps know how to play on the heartstrings and I was getting a bit misty during it.

Then e11s04 was a Trump episode and surprisingly the BBC managed to make it entertaining and not a Trump bashing fest. Props to them...they played way more into the hotel boss aspect than the political side and while it was clearly intended to make him look bad, it wasn't nearly as left biased as I expected it to be. And the guy playing Trump was a Law and Order actor. I like that guy.

Back to s11e03. Did I ever tell you guys I met Rosa Parks? I think I was in middle school and there was a school-wide assembly in honor of Rosa Parks. I was young so at the time I didn't realize the significance of the situation but looking back it was freaking awesome. I remember she showed up in a limo and the irony of that is great. All our parents were there too cause they didn't want to miss out on seeing an icon. She was a really old lady and she spoke for awhile...I don't remember what she said...but I do remember we were all then lined up and allowed to shake her hand. So I shook the hand of Rosa Parks. That's pretty awesome.

I searched for it but didn't find any results. I know this is a thing that happened so maybe you guys could find an article about it. It was at Abington Friends School in Jenkintown PA in the 90's when she visited.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm 6 eps deep now and still loving it!. Jodie is great! They are focusing on historical events a bit more than I would like but it's ok. s11e05 had a very cool, very cute gremlin type monster and I liked that. Hopefully they will play the hits like Cybermen or Daleks.

Onward and upward.