Does Anyone Else Miss Super Shuffle?

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
I sure do. I'd be up for starting an online petition to get SXM to bring it back if anyone else does.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I don't miss it at all.

Never listened to it--I hate listening to stations where there is no real genre of music that they stick to.

However, to each their own and I certainly woulnd't have a problem if it were brought back.

There are PLENTY of stations nobody cares about that they could get rid of.

Here are a few that come to mind:

1. E Street
2. Margaritaville
3. one of the several Christian stations (do we really need 3 or 4 of these)
4. Elvis
5. Martha
6. The channel that only plays love songs--who really has subscribed for that?

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Super Shuffle really didn't do much for me, but it seemed like a good idea for a channel that had its fans.

I never understood the single artist channels. Is the playlists on those like 100 songs?

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
No. It was kind of a waste because it was more crossover instead of something fresh

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
super shuffle was a good idea, poorly executed.
would have loved to see more shuffle channel choices rather than more SACs,talk or sports.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
super shuffle was a good idea, poorly executed.
would have loved to see more shuffle channel choices rather than more SACs,talk or sports.

It seemed like it was 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's on shuffle.

They could have mixed in various kinds of rap, country, jazz, techno, and everything else in there as well.

It was an interesting channel.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
6. The channel that only plays love songs--who really has subscribed for that?

My wife likes this channel.

I liked Super Shuffle and wouldn't mind it coming back but am leary to lobby Sirius XM for anything lest they replace the Bridge with it.

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
If Sirius doesn't want to bring it back to Sat, They should consider just making Super Shuffle available online as an exclusive channel.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
If Sirius doesn't want to bring it back to Sat, They should consider just making Super Shuffle available online as an exclusive channel.

They had it on there for a while (I think it was Stiletto channel 802, SIR-2) but then it disappeared.

siriusnj

Oct 29, 2008
It seemed like it was 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's on shuffle.

They could have mixed in various kinds of rap, country, jazz, techno, and everything else in there as well.

It was an interesting channel.

It was listed under the group of channels considered "Pop" so I think that was done purposefully. But having a channel that cherry picked songs from all Sirius channels, creating a one-channel Walk The Dog, would seem harmless to add.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
I loved the Shuffle because I could just put it on and worst case a better track was only 4 minutes or so away. It was a sad day when it was taken away.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I remember when it was added to the sats so many people said oh its just a JACK FM station and it sucks. Seems the channel found a pretty good following, I know I liked it!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I remember when it was added to the sats so many people said on its just a JACK FM station and it sucks. Seems the channel found a pretty good following, I know I liked it!

I also liked the JACK FM format ... at least when it first came out and was not commercialized to death. The playlist was deeper than it was later too.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I also liked the JACK FM format ... at least when it first came out and was not commercialized to death. The playlist was deeper than it was later too.

The deeper playlist is exactly why I liked it. It also proves my point that these hits and decades channels can have much larger playlist and still be hits based and familiar to most. However, Sirius just can't seem to figure this out! This is why many of the stations have small playlist that grow stale.