Disney World's Gay Day Shirt Question

Arriving at Disney World's Gay Day wearing the official gay-colored shirt, do you:

• Change the shirt?

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • Keep wearing the shirt?

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
You, a self-described "heterosexual man", arrive (alone) at Disney World's Gay Day, and you are "inadvertently" wearing the official "gay" colored shirt, as posted by the event organizers. Do you change shirts (either by going back to the hotel and changing or by buying a new shirt at the souvenir shop and changing into that), or do you just roll with the gay shirt?

AVII's poll question and subsequent thread caused me to think of this one.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I'd be sporting a new Disney shirt in no time. Mickey, Goofy, even Pluto would do . . . as long as it wasn't red.

Then again, I probably wouldn't be going to Disney alone, because that's pretty gay.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I'll bite. What color is a 'gay shirt'?:scratch:

It's actually a legit question. The gay patrons during Gay Week at Disney identified themselved by wearing red shirts. This all came out of the "High Pitch Mike went to Disney during Gay Week and wore the official gay red shirt" discussion on the show.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Is there the option "You don't go to Disney by yourself unless you're gay or a five hundred pound woman like Ruby" I just started watching the show about a five hundred pound woman on the Style network....I might have to start wearing a red shirt.

IJ, if you go shirtless, you're sending a signal, so you might as well keep the red shirt.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I'll bite. What color is a 'gay shirt'?:scratch:

Purple with a pink triangle (or is it vice versa?). Put a rainbow somewhere on there....or maybe like an armband...put a red ribbon on the armband. Olivia Newton John headband and the 80s short shorts, some black Converse....you're ready to go to Disney, girl!

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
What if your only choice of shirts in the shop are Tinkerbell or Minnie Mouse?!?!!?!

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
What if your only choice of shirts in the shop are Tinkerbell or Minnie Mouse?!?!!?!

Paint a shirt on yourself? They've made wonderful advances in that area lately.

08_marisa-miller_body_01.jpg

See what I mean? Paint - It's not just for walls anymore.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Mickey sweatshirt, FTW!!!

I don't think it was just a one day thing, red shirts are always gay...

p1_niners_fans.jpg

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

IMHO only a true homophobe,someone not truly at peace with their own sexuality would feel the need to change their shirt because it was the color of choice for Gay Day.

Again JMO

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
IMHO only a true homophobe,someone not truly at peace with their own sexuality would feel the need to change their shirt because it was the color of choice for Gay Day.

Again JMO

Yeah, just because you don't want to be mistaken as a gay person automatically means you are a homophobe. :confused:

You really are a fucking twit.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah, just because you don't want to be mistaken as a gay person automatically means you are a homophobe. :confused:

You really are a fucking twit.

I think the point is that someone that was very secure wouldn't care if someone thought they were gay. I wouldn't necessarily think it would mean you are homophobe. My God the thought that someone may mistake you as being gay because when you woke up this morning you grabbed that red shirt instead of the blue one. Imagine that?

What is it with you people calling folks names when you disagree with them?

I'd keep wearing my red shirt, screw what someone else thinks, Geez!