dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Who's going to win this one?

Defending Race Winner - Kyle Busch.

Television Coverage: TNT 6:30pm/et

Announcers: Bill Weber??????, Wally Dallenbach Jr., Kyle Petty

Qualifying: 2 laps for positions 1-42, Friday, July 3 at 4:10pm/et

Cars will be Impounded after qualifying.

Who's going to cause the big one?

Following the race, be prepared for the endless posts on DRC about how this is not real racing, the track needs to be changed, & the yellow line rule must die.

I'm picking Tony Stewart.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Man I sure would like to see a ton of "tea party" flags waving. We need independance from washington.

And even though I still say plate racing is not racing, I've always enjoyed the night races at daytona.

Sounds like Bill Weber is out for the remaining races.

I hope it doesn't rain.

Go Kyle! Or...anybody but Jimmie...;)

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Defending Race Winner - Kyle Busch. If Gordon can't win I wouldn't mind a Busch repeat.

Television Coverage: TNT 6:30pm/et I'll be away so I'll be listening on Sirius.

Announcers: Bill Weber??????, Wally Dallenbach Jr., Kyle Petty Better than Fox!

Qualifying: 2 laps for positions 1-42, Friday, July 3 at 4:10pm/et I'll miss this too.

Cars will be Impounded after qualifying. Meh...

Who's going to cause the big one? Hopefully not the same person who did in Feb at Daytona. ;) I got sick of hearing the calls about it on 128 ;)

Following the race, be prepared for the endless posts on DRC about how this is not real racing, the track needs to be changed, & the yellow line rule must die.
I like plate racing myself.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
No Weber!

Tom Bowles reported on RaceTalkRadio.com that Bill Weber will be replaced by Ralph Shaheen again at Daytona. During Monday night's "Doin' Donuts" radio show Tom Bowles from SI.com and Frontstretch.com reported that TNT will replace Bill Weber again on Saturday night at Daytona International Speedway for the broadcast of the "Coke Zero 400." Fans can listen to the complete broadcast by going to the RaceTalkRadio.com homepage and listening to the archived show from last night.(6-30-2009)

It was also reported on TMD.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
No Weber!

Tom Bowles reported on RaceTalkRadio.com that Bill Weber will be replaced by Ralph Shaheen again at Daytona. During Monday night's "Doin' Donuts" radio show Tom Bowles from SI.com and Frontstretch.com reported that TNT will replace Bill Weber again on Saturday night at Daytona International Speedway for the broadcast of the "Coke Zero 400." Fans can listen to the complete broadcast by going to the RaceTalkRadio.com homepage and listening to the archived show from last night.(6-30-2009)

It was also reported on TMD.

:bigcry:

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Jeff Gordon 1
Ryan Newman 2
Tony Stewart 3
Jamie McMurray 4
Mark Martin 5
Kevin Harvick 6
Kurt Busch 7
Dale Earnhardt Jr. 8
Reed Sorenson 9
Michael Waltrip 10
Elliott Sadler 11
Sam Hornish Jr. 12

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Here is a quote to what I read on thefrontstretch.com.

Bill Weber, TNT’s normal play-by-play guy, was sent home on Friday night due to an altercation in the lobby of his hotel in Manchester, NH. It is unclear what happened to cause the suspension at the moment; all we know is as a result, TNT suspended Weber for Sunday’s race and possibly beyond.

The last-minute suspension resulted in some shuffling of talent on Sunday. Ralph Sheheen, who has plenty of booth experience with short track racing, road racing, motorcycle racing, and the World Rally Championship (dubbed in from Charlotte), was tapped to move up from pit road and take Weber’s place in the booth. This left TNT with just three pit reporters (Lindsay Czarniak, Marty Snider, and Matt Yocum) instead of the usual four. Jim Noble, who typically reports exclusively for TNT’s RaceBuddy service, also helped out a little for the pre-race show.

Weber also usually hosts the popular Countdown to Green (the actual pre-race show, as opposed to NASCAR on TNT Live!, which is the pre-pre-race show). Instead, Marc Fein, who usually hosts NASCAR on TNT Live! along with Larry McReynolds, took over Weber’s hosting duties seamlessly. In fact, Weber was not even mentioned at all on Sunday — it was as if he didn’t exist. Now, I’m sure that some fans would be happy to see him out of the broadcast booth. Personally, I’ve never been a big fan of Bill Weber on play-by-play, especially knowing how he got the permanent play-by-play gig back in 2004 (Allen Bestwick broke his leg playing ice hockey, giving Weber a chance to sub for Bestwick. It quickly became permanent). I’m fine with him being on pit road and hosting Countdown to Green, but I always thought that NBC/Turner made a mistake switching Weber and Bestwick’s roles. I’ve mentioned in the past that I do not advocate people getting canned, though. I feel that I am no position to do that, having no experience in television. If I were to do that, people would just say something along the lines of “Who died and put you in charge?” and then ignore everything I’ve written.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Jayski is now reporting that TNT has made no decision to make a change in the booth for this weekends race at Daytona.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I read about the yelling with/at someone in a hotel and I read how he was removed from this weekends Daytona race and maybe the next one.

TNT = Drama!!!!

Even with their own employees!