Celebrity Death Thread 2017

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
i will not stand accused of pulling a scotch! that letter from the husband says nothing about her financial situation. it implies she had a home but is not explicit.
Don't you have a parole meeting to get to or something? Geez, WTF did I do?

Anyway, I have zero confidence that the "open letter" article is legitimate. It begins with an incomplete sentence, as an introduction to the letter:
"As per his request, we post this letter that Steve Fleischmann who was Erin Moran’s husband on Facebook."

Who's the copy editor, Wolf? And why would it be posted on a site that nobody's heard of? Clue #1 of fake news is that it comes from a bullshit site, such as thelifeandtimesofhollywood dot com. 'Nuff said.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have no confidence in most of these Hollywood type sites. We can just say everything is fake and live in blissful ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
that's col. bruce hampton. i was never a huge follower but you certainly can't be a fan of jam band music and not know both his solo work, the aquarium rescue unit and recognize more than a few of his jams.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I've never heard of the jam scene.

jam-jars-4.jpg

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I've never heard of the jam scene.

jam-jars-4.jpg
Yes you have.

Jam band - Wikipedia

Jam bands are musical groups whose live albums and concerts relate to a unique fan culture that began in the 1960s with the Grateful Dead, and continued with The Allman Brothers Band, which had lengthy jams at concerts. The performances of these bands typically feature extended musical improvisation ("jams") over rhythmic grooves and chord patterns, and long sets of music that can often cross genre boundaries. In the mid-1980s the bands Phish, Edie Brickell & New Bohemians, Blues Traveler, Ozric Tentacles, Widespread Panic, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Spin Doctors, Col Bruce Hampton and Aquarium Rescue Unit, began touring with Jam band-style concerts.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Yes you have.

Jam band - Wikipedia

Jam bands are musical groups whose live albums and concerts relate to a unique fan culture that began in the 1960s with the Grateful Dead, and continued with The Allman Brothers Band, which had lengthy jams at concerts. The performances of these bands typically feature extended musical improvisation ("jams") over rhythmic grooves and chord patterns, and long sets of music that can often cross genre boundaries. In the mid-1980s the bands Phish, Edie Brickell & New Bohemians, Blues Traveler, Ozric Tentacles, Widespread Panic, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Spin Doctors, Col Bruce Hampton and Aquarium Rescue Unit, began touring with Jam band-style concerts.
Yeah, I'm familiar with jams and jam bands. Just not the "jam scene".

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I never considered Bela Fleck to be a jam band. I always thought of them as banjo jazz.
They would stop in Cincinnati back in the day, but it always seemed to happen when I was out of town working on a co-op semester.

So bummed that I never got to see them.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
How about that?
And I don't even own a hacky sack.

you don't need a hacky sack. just a substance abuse problem that follows you into your 30's. although i could be wrong. i'm getting that from a VERY small sample size.