Can someone help with this?

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
I am thinking of buying the home repeater system that Sirius offers which I think is called the echo repeater. My question is does this work with XM radio’s as well? I know for example my Sirius home antenna works with my XM radio, so I was just wondering if I bought the Sirius repeater for my SL2 home kit if I could also use it to receive an XM signal to my XM radio? Thanks!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I am thinking of buying the home repeater system that Sirius offers which I think is called the echo repeater. My question is does this work with XM radio’s as well? I know for example my Sirius home antenna works with my XM radio, so I was just wondering if I bought the Sirius repeater for my SL2 home kit if I could also use it to receive an XM signal to my XM radio? Thanks!

No it only works with Sirius Radios. Just like the XM version only works with XM radios. The reason for this is that each company when separate created these personal repeaters, but filtered out the others frequency range even though they are side by side. I've tested this out as have many others.