Boycott Nascar on FOX

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Had enough of digger?
Had enough of all fluff and no substance pre-race shows?
Had enough of watching the same 6 drivers on TV while the other 37 go unnoticed?
Had enough of D.W's awful ties?
Had enough of (fill in the blank)?

Then join me in boycotting Fox's coverage of the Nascar races. Mrn/Prn does a better job and is available on sirius/xm, FM/AM radio and internet feeds.

So join me in turning off the TV and turning up the radio and enjoying some great race coverage.

ps. I do not work for any of the above mentioned entities.:Smiley_wink:

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
At least FOX has a presentable product.

I'm more concerned with ESPN's coverage. The giant top bar, the ANNOYING AS HELL bottom bar that pops up every hour and distorts the picture (if you need to know sports scores THAT BAD, put your TV on ESPNEWS), the giant, non transparent 4:3 safe ABC bug for the ABC races, missing restarts and wrecks because they're too concerned with their ad revenues to jump in... the list goes on and on...

EDIT: I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they have it ironed out this year, but it doesn't seem that way (they still had the bottom bar over the Nationwide race, which is a HUGE pet-peeve of mine with their coverage)

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Fox in my opinion is the best out of the 3 or 4 networks that cover NASCAR on TV. Yes I hate Digger and yes he ruins that cool camera angle but DW and the gang do a better job than the other TV guys. With the addition of Dale Jarret to ABC and less rusty they have kicked it up a notch.
But you are right the guys on MRN and PRN call the race way better than anyone else. Theres so much more excitement to it but I guess you have to be more descriptive since theres no picture to go along with the audio.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
NBC used to have the best coverage, but now Fox has the best coverage, simply because ESPN/ABC is too positive. At least FOX will throw somebody under the bus, or say that's not the right call, or say that's just not right.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i've been listening to mrn/prn since god knows when. at least a few years before bestwick left to go do tv, whatever year that was.

ok, he left mrn in 2000, so i've been listening since probably 95

Last edited:

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I gotta say, PRN is just disgusting in how awful it is. I listened to the NW race today and it was god awful. There comes a point when certain things shouldnt be sponsered. The pit reporters shouldnt be sponsered, the cautions shouldnt be sponsered, and the PRN crew shouldnt be allowed to do races.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I don't have cable/sat. so Fox and ABC are the only way I can watch the race. Besides, other than the digger, I like Fox.

But I can't stand ESPN. And I'm glad other "sports stations" are getting a piece of the pie because, in my opinion, ESPN is NOT the "leader in sports". I can't tell you how many times I've seen them steal news stories.

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
My typical raceday setup is HDTV on Fox with the sound off, Sirius Sportster Replay on Channel 128 and laptop doing live chat with my friends.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
My typical raceday setup is HDTV on Fox with the sound off, Sirius Sportster Replay on Channel 128 and laptop doing live chat with my friends.

I do the same thing and at times log on to DRC during a race.

I don't mind FOX and I am greatful I get to watch it on TV.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I gotta say, PRN is just disgusting in how awful it is. I listened to the NW race today and it was god awful. There comes a point when certain things shouldnt be sponsered. The pit reporters shouldnt be sponsered, the cautions shouldnt be sponsered, and the PRN crew shouldnt be allowed to do races.

There are certain broadcast voices that just grate on me. If I turn on the radio and hear Pat Patterson, Claire Lange or (gasp) Eli Gold....I change the channel to something else.

For Daytona I tried watchiing Fox with the sound off and listening to MRN on the radio, and they were synched up pretty well. In times past there has been a big time lag between them. Since this is a PRN week, I'll just watch Fox.

I agree this Yellow Flag sponsorship by Safety Kleen is waaaay over the top. And I bet the announcers hate it too.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I agree this Yellow Flag sponsorship by Safety Kleen is waaaay over the top. And I bet the announcers hate it too.

This is by far the most obnoxious/disgusting thing that NASCAR has done in a looooong time in my opinion! This makes me sick everytime I hear it. :bigahh:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I am greatful I get to watch it on TV.

We all have things that we can complain about with the coverage of the sport but what we have now sure beats the pre TV days. :yesshake:

It's a little tough complaining about sponsors of the sport, even the yellow flag. Sponsorship drives this sport. Always has, always will. Heck, not to many days ago there was an active thread on supporting sponsors.