BCS Standings

Discussion in 'NCAA (All Sports)' started by AJ_II, Oct 20, 2008.

1. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Boise State isn't going to the BCS. Ohio State probably isn't either, if Oregon State wins on Saturday.
  2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

IMHO, any two of these schools (Boise St, BYU, or Utah) should be invited to join the PAC 10...:)

It's too bad Boise St won't get an invite to a BCS game. Those BCS school wouldn't stand for it...:(
  3. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I agree.

Either that, or you can take the best teams from the MWC and WAC and combine them. Teams like Utah, BYU, Boise State, TCU, Hawaii, Fresno State, Air Force, Nevada...then add 3 more to give you 12 total.
  4. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Well, looks like Ohio State is going to back their way into the BCS again. No offense to you Buckeye fans, but I'm so tired of Ohio State. PLEASE GO AWAY!!!!!!!! Ehilbert, I like you, but I can't stand your team. And I hate to generalize an entire fan base, but Ohio State fans just come off as arrogant, like their God's gift to college football (again, not you Ehilbert).

Good luck in the BCS Ohio State, you'll need it...either the Fiesta, probably against Texas, or the Sugar against Florida or Bama. You might want to just decline the invite, spare yourselves the embarrassment. Let Boise go, they actually deserve it.
  5. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I know this has zero chance of actually happening, but I'd like to see this...

Fiesta Bowl: Boise State vs. Utah

Sugar Bowl: Texas (Big XII #2) vs. loser of Florida/Alabama (SEC #2)

That way, you'd get two undefeated teams playing in the Fiesta. And you'd get two games featuring Big XII vs. SEC (three games if you want to include the Cotton). Big XII #1 (OU) vs. SEC #1 (UF or Ala) in championship game, and Big XII #2 vs. SEC #2 in Sugar.
  6. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I still can't believe that Oklahoma is going to the Big XII Championship Game...:(

I hope MIZZOU wins...:)
  7. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Ok so Oklahoma........ Who has lost 4 BCS games in a row sure deserves to be there right? Maybe some people are sick of seeing them get beat my a mid major or getting their asses kicked by everyone else. I have nothing against Oklahoma. I think that is one fine team,but lets face it Ohio State has a better BCS record. If you hate them thats fine. I can understand why,but don't set there and say your tired of them because they lost 2titles games in a row,but Oklahoma is ok. I think you don't mind Oklahoma because they are in the Big 12 and your a Big 12 fan. Thats cool and I get it,but just admit it. It just makes no sense to hate Ohio State and not Oklahoma....... again unless its just a Big 12 bias. The fact is if Ohio State would have won those games people would be sick of seeing them win. It's really a no win situation for them.

That being said if they play a pissed of Texas team look out. If we go to the Captial One bowl and play Georgia I would be cool with that. I don't know man. I like you too,but you really have no argument. You can't hate Ohio State because of those last two games and then not hate Oklahoma. By the way Ohio State is 4-2 in BCS games. They only get embarrased in recent title games. One last thing we would beat Boise State. They haven't seen a back like Beanie.
  8. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Well yeah, this year they obviously deserve it. And don't get it twisted...I don't like Oklahoma too much right now either.

There's really no rhyme or reason as to why I dislike Ohio State. I just don't. Their fans irritate me to no end (not you). Same with Texas. Their fans are about as arrogant as you can get.

And this season, Oklahoma is on my "shit list" after embarrassing Tech. I'm not one who roots for their conference blindly no matter what (like SEC people do). If OU is in that national title game, you can bet I'll be wearing a Florida sweatshirt that night (or 'Bama, as the case may be).
  9. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I give you that. Oklahoma looks like they are a well oiled machine. That teams looks great. I remember a team in 06 that looked prettty good too. That team was Ohio State and before that beat down everyone said they deserved to be there. I'm not saying that will happen to Oklahoma. I think they have a better team. They also had a good team last year and got smoked. Come on WVU lost to Pitt. Ok fans amd Big 12 fans were laughing at them. I think the laughter wore off when Noel Divine burned everyone.

I'm like you I root for Ohio State and thats it. Granted I would have loved to see Joe Pa get another title. I respect the guy and he's been screwed over and over. I hated that Michigan beat Florida last year. I thought it was funny when SEC teams laughed at team speed and last year Michigan heald their own. I also know some Ohio State fans can be annoying as hell. They make us all look bad. I can say the same for a lot of other teams too. If and I mean if they get a BCS game. I really hope they show up. They really do have a lot of talent on defense. I don't think Boise deserves a BCS game over us. I think Tech does though. That 2 BCS teams in a confrence is stupid.
  10. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Our only shot is if somehow the national title game is between Texas and Oklahoma. Then, Tech could get an at-large bid. I don't see any way that could happen though. If Florida beats Alabama, you have to think they'd jump Texas in the BCS rankings. Looks like it's Cotton Bowl for Tech, probably against Ole Miss. Good news is, I'll probably be able to go to that game. I went in '06 when we lost to 'Bama...hopefully this one ends up a little better.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  11. MichaelC

MichaelC Member

I think there's a couple of reasons they don't allow more than 2 teams into BCS games.

#1 is pretty obvious: $$$$ These BCS bowl games pay out close to $20 million per team, which I believe all conferences have it set up where all teams in that team's conference gets a share. While the BCS conferences look out for each other on who gets into most of the BCS games, they're selfish to themselves in that they don't want another BCS conference getting too much of the monetary pie.

#2, is I believe that with only 10 BCS slots and there being so many tie-ins (ACC to the Orange, Big Ten & Pac-10 to the Rose, etc.), they want to avoid the possibility of 2 teams from the same conference playing in the same bowl.
  12. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I'm boycotting all states that start with an O...:shock:

:)
  13. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Texas got scewed.

They played 4 ranked teams, lost to a good Tech team at their place.

They beat OU on a neutral field this year.

If they were in the SEC the rules would have the top two ranked teams that finished in a tie in conferance would go by the head to head record.

First OU gets most of their kids out of TX now this.
  14. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

This three-way tie business and the way the Big XII has it set up is tricky. First of all, the BCS should not decide a conference division champ. The BCS was set up to determine the number 1 and number 2 teams in the nation, that's it. It should have no effects on conference races. The Big XII needs to change this rule after the season is over.

But, since that's the way it is, both Oklahoma and Texas have strong arguments. Personally, if I had a vote, I would have put Texas ahead of Oklahoma.

(I lie. You know I'd put Tech ahead of both of them.)
  15. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Speaking from my Big 12 North perspective, Oklahoma is the best team in the Big 12, at least right now. I would like to see a rematch myself. Decide it on the field. Fuck the BCS, the Bull Crap Series.
  16. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Guys, I just came across this breaking story. The BCS is really getting controversial now...

17. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Member

That's great, AJ!

Did you write this? I promise to give you credit when I steal it!:jj:
  18. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

No, I can't take credit for it. It's been floating around the Internet for a couple days now.
  19. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

20. Bark

Bark Hey Now!