Apple iPad

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
ralph is an idiot. if you don't realize this is nothing more than a large iTouch/iPhone, you're an idiot. why would u waste almost $1000 on this??

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
The difference between men and boys is the size (and price) of their toys.

It's just a status piece.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Ralph defending it was HILARIOUS. Typical fanboys can't bring up a decent comeback. Like when someone calls into Bubba's show, saying he's a fatass and he can't talk about Sarah Palin in a good sense.

Bubba: "Name three good things that Sarah Palin has done."
Caller: "You're a fatass!"
Bubba: "See? You can't do it, can you?"
Caller *starts shouting over Bubba before hanging up*

It's the same thing with Ralph.

Hey Ralph.. what will you do when the battery needs to be replaced?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i don't get it. it seems like a waste to me.

me too. the is no market in between the laptop and the smartphone worth dropping 8 hundy on.

ralph is such a hopeless macintosh junkie that jobs could piss on his face and hed say it was wine.

ralphberry.jpg
:shoot4::shoot4:

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
iPad is neat if you're grandma and you want to watch some TV in your rocker or email the kids. It's a safe environment for people who aren't as computer savvy.

If you want to get actual shit done, you'd probably want to get a netbook if size is a factor. I'm sure there will be netbooks with touchscreens if there aren't already. iPad just isn't worth the price. You could get a full-function netbook for less, and some even have 3G now.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Some people will get it for the look at me look at me factor. There was a guy quoted in a news story that said he would buy a toilet if it had an Apple logo on it. That's pretty sad. To be fair not all people are like that. We have some people on the board that love Apple, but their not that stupid.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Some people will get it for the look at me look at me factor. There was a guy quoted in a news story that said he would buy a toilet if it had an Apple logo on it. That's pretty sad. To be fair not all people are like that. We have some people on the board that love Apple, but their not that stupid.

Years ago I was quoted as saying you could put the number 3 dale Earnhardt logo on a dried up dog turd and people would buy it. Well I think it's time to update that phrase to the new millennium.

"you can put an apple logo on a dried up dog turd and people will stand in line for hours to buy it".

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Exactly. If jobs shit in an off white box ralph would go on about how fantastic it is. The ipad is a cool gadget but its not much more than a giant ipod touch. Which I already have. So I won't be getting one.... Ever.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm shocked that they sold 300,000 on opening day. Weird.

i was reading on drudge that a lot of the hype from the morning lines died down by the afternoon. i hope this thing proves an overall flop, just so ralph has wasted his "hard earned" howie cash.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I'm sure version 2 will be much better than version 1. same as iphone 2G, 3G, and now 3Gs. For now, I have no use for the iPad.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
ralph is an idiot. if you don't realize this is nothing more than a large iTouch/iPhone, you're an idiot. why would u waste almost $1000 on this??

Ralph is a typical Apple fanboy. It’s a religion to them. It doesn’t matter if it is functional or just a toy, it is an Apple product. I remember back in the 80’s Apple ran an ad on TV that was a parody of the book 1984. Thousands people all dressed the same repeating the same mantra about PC’s until a Mac evangelist breaks the spell. Kinda ironic eh?

lol I found this on MSLSD written by a apple fanbot no doubt

Apple, Microsoft hit midlife as fresh, frumpy
Microsoft is still bigger company — for now — as Apple gains momentum

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36169908/ns/business-us_business

100404-applefan-hmed-431p.h2.jpg

Last edited:

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
I mean, get it if you want a toy to kill some time and play games and shit. That's a great reason to buy it if you've got the money. I've got an Android smartphone, myself, the iPhone's new competition.

But if you want to be productive you really need a proper computer with a keyboard and mouse at this point.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I remember back in the 80’s Apple ran an ad on TV that was a parody of the book 1984. Thousands people all dressed the same repeating the same mantra about PC’s until a Mac evangelist breaks the spell. Kinda ironic eh?

Only aired once:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8]YouTube - 1984 Apple's Macintosh Commercial[/ame]