Apple bounces StarPlayr app for iPhone

S

stumpy

I love how so many people pinned this on Apple and not Sirius XM before knowing what the deal was. It sucks for the guys at nicemac for working so hard only to have their app trumped.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I love how so many people pinned this on Apple and not Sirius XM before knowing what the deal was. It sucks for the guys at nicemac for working so hard only to have their app trumped.

Obviosly they did not cross all their Ts and dot all their Is before starting on this endevour.

DaddyCanI

Jan 19, 2009

The truth is nobody knows why the app was rejected. Everyone assumes it has something to do with SiriusXM, but (1) not a single source has confirmed that assumption, not even a "source close to" statement, and (2) the accusation sounds odd to begin with - there are tons of other competing iPhone apps for accessing various trademarked media subscription services (e.g., Netflix).

Everyone's assuming, and nobody knows any details.

Doesn't matter anyway - if the above link is true, as excited as I was for niceMac's ~$10 app, I'm even more excited at the possibility of a free one.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The truth is nobody knows why the app was rejected. Everyone assumes it has something to do with SiriusXM, but (1) not a single source has confirmed that assumption, not even a "source close to" statement, and (2) the accusation sounds odd to begin with - there are tons of other competing iPhone apps for accessing various trademarked media subscription services (e.g., Netflix).

Everyone's assuming, and nobody knows any details.

Doesn't matter anyway - if the above link is true, as excited as I was for niceMac's ~$10 app, I'm even more excited at the possibility of a free one.

Seems illogical for them to kill a pay app when they would completely undercut the price anyways. How could anybody beat free?

Elahrairah

Nov 11, 2008
Is this different from uSirius in that you would get all channels, not just what's offered to online listening?

If not, what is the advantage?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Is this different from uSirius in that you would get all channels, not just what's offered to online listening?

If not, what is the advantage?

You can't get anymore channels that they are licensed to provide. Much of their programming or channels are not approved to be rebroadcast via streaming web service. So this leaves the music, certainly in-house talk and talk, entertainment and sports channels that they have gotten approved for.

You'll never get it all!

lronglien

Nov 10, 2008
iPhone ap

If Sirius XM is testing their own ap, then expect it to be delayed a number of more months. Talk about doing things the wrong way...again.