And the nominees are ...

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
OK, so the NASCAR Hall of Fame is going to open on 5/11/2010. This Thursday the field of 25 potential inductees will be announced. Only 5 of those 25 will be inducted. Bobby Allison and Darrell Waltrip were just announced to be 2 of the 25. The rest will be announced on Speed TV, Thursday. IYO, what 5 will make it in? :clueless:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I agree with that. He was good, but there were many as good as him. I'm not a big DW fan but I hope that he is around to see his day come. So many times, these kind of awards happen much to late for them to enjoy. At the same time, it has to be a thrill to be nominated among the top 25 of all time. :yesshake:

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Somehow i can't see DW making it to the first class of inductees. In a few years sure, but not this first round.

I wouldn't be surprised...not too many 3 time champs and something tells me they'll mix in a few from various eras.....if they start with the oldest ones first...not many of todays fans will have even heard of them...gotta have the interest up to get people to visit. Just thinking out loud.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Two more nominee's today, Glen Wood and Richard Childress. Both were drivers originally, who switched their concentration to team ownership. Both ended up having some of NASCAR’s biggest stars drive their cars.

Jager

Nov 16, 2008
Virginia
I wouldn't be surprised...not too many 3 time champs and something tells me they'll mix in a few from various eras.....if they start with the oldest ones first...not many of todays fans will have even heard of them...gotta have the interest up to get people to visit. Just thinking out loud.

I think they should let the guys who paved the way for DW in first. I see what ya mean on not many fans of today's racing will have even heard of the older guys. To me that's a even better reason to put them in first.

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
I think they should let the guys who paved the way for DW in first. I see what ya mean on not many fans of today's racing will have even heard of the older guys. To me that's a even better reason to put them in first.

I agree with ya on the old guys first...just have a feeling it won't be...i've been wrong before.