An urgent plea to the TMD hosts tommorow

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey Dave, Yippie has it dead on. YOU and your fellow hosts are 100% responsible for the show topics. Its completely in your hands what we talk about. One person calling isnt enough, its up to you to set the tone. Now you obviously dont have to censor people, but you dont have to participiate when the 19080329482019th guy wants to chime in on a guy whose 21st in points. To use your example on "when do drivers goto the bathroom" If that topic dominated 3 shows, every week for 6 months, and you had to answer that question 357 times a week, you would go balistic. Thats how we feel.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
If the news stories they read at the beginning of their shows are strong enough, they drive the show. I heard the hosts on all of the shows try to steer the show in different directions to no avail. You always end up with the caller that states that 'I'm tired of all of the calls about ______! Why can't we talk about something else?'. Then, it all starts up again. Happens on all talk show, about all subjects.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
If that topic dominated 3 shows, every week for 6 months, and you had to answer that question 357 times a week, you would go balistic. Thats how we feel.

i wouldn't go that far. i do believe he has it fixed where all he does is push a button and his automated response explains it. lol

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
You guys (and gals) need to understand that it's not our decision. It's yours. Obviously SOMEONE thinks those topics are valid and important, since so many people call Sirius NASCAR Radio to talk about them. If we're going to have an open forum, we need to take ALL the calls, not just the ones we (or you) think are worth taking. Personally, I don't care if I answer, "How do the drivers go to the bathroom during the race" for the 357th time. But I do, because it's talk radio, and it's an open forum. Once we start censoring what people can talk about, the whole thing goes to hell in a handbag.

Dude, you get just as irritated as we do, and you often bitch on air about a topic going to the extreme. And I feel the same way as you most of the time. Many of us have said we wouldnt/couldnt host a show for that very reason. About the third day I wouldnt have ANY callers and would get the boot!!!:buttrock:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'd like to add the 'rain tires' request as another dead horse subject for the talk shows. Please stop asking for them.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Choc just opened TP by asking callers to not call in and talk about rain tires, the 3pm red flag to honor soilders and Nascar calling the race instead of trying to wait out the rain. Yet another case of the hosts steering the show instead of allowing the callers to take the wheel. See, it can be done.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Choc just opened TP by asking callers to not call in and talk about rain tires, the 3pm red flag to honor soilders and Nascar calling the race instead of trying to wait out the rain. Yet another case of the hosts steering the show instead of allowing the callers to take the wheel. See, it can be done.

Agreed, but let's see how long it lasts.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Choc just opened TP by asking callers to not call in and talk about the 3pm red flag to honor soilders

that almost sounds like he is sick of hearing about it. doesn't sound like a good gesture for such a honor to the men and women who protect him and the rest of this country.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
that almost sounds like he is sick of hearing about it. doesn't sound like a good gesture for such a honor to the men and women who protect him and the rest of this country.

That's certainly one way to completely twist the meaning of what he said.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
IM going to guess he misinterpreted what Chalk said. It really went.

"LISTENNN!!!, I AM SICK OF HEARING ABOUT ALL THIS DALE JR TALK. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT RAIN TIRES! LISTEN!"