All Things Disney - Except Movies

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The Disney trip was fun. Did Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Since it was my first trip in 2+ years (I looked back in the thread the last time I went was 12.7.21) I decided to not be as frugal as normal and I paid extra to do the 2 new rides, Tron and Guardians. They were both fun but I'll never pay extra for them again. They weren't amazing. Guardians is the better of the 2. I also got to see the new walkthrough Moana attraction in Epcot and that was by far my favorite of the 3 new things I did. It's just a classic walkthrough attraction where you can play with various water effects. It's really neat and pretty.

However I also learned during this trip that my license is suspended and has been since February 2023!!! Hah. A cop ran my plate and pulled me over and told me. I got a ticket back in September 2022 for not coming to a complete stop before turning on red. I paid the ticket and thought that was that. It wasn't. Apparently I was randomly selected to do some driving course I never did and thus the suspension. It's my own fault. I probably didn't even read the letter they sent saying I had to do it. It is also possible my old roomie never gave it to me. Anyway I wound up taking the course 2 days ago and paying a ticket lawyer and they say it should be reinstated this week. I guess we'll see. It was a nerve racking 200 mile drive home knowing I was suspended. Also it's weird I was able to renew my registration last November with a suspended license, Google says I shouldn't have been able to do that. And I've been paying my insurance every month...they never mentioned anything.

In related news the RAV made it like a champ both ways!

Here's a short of the Moana attraction cause I assume not everyone wants to watch a 40 min video on it like me hahah.

Last edited:

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
I also learned during this trip that my license is suspended and has been since February 2023!!!
That happened to me in the 90s. I had no idea my license was revoked in Maine (but not in NH or MA). Since I rarely drove to Maine, I found out several years after they pulled it. I had to have someone drive me to a DMV in Maine and pay some fines to get it restored. Weird.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I am unclear how the cop let JDHK continue driving home with a suspended license.

I got pulled over going back to my hotel from the Magic Kingdom. I was literally in the hotel parking lot when I pulled over so he let me drive to the building within the hotel complex. I just decided to risk it and drive home the next day after Epcot. Also he took my license so I don't have any ID at the moment so that's great.

Last edited:

machpost

Feb 18, 2009
I love the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride; it may be my new favorite in all of Disney World. Tron, however, was a massive letdown in my opinion. Sure, the whole light cycle ride is a rush, but it seems like it's over in about ten seconds! I won't be paying extra to ride that one again. It's incredible how long it took them to build that ride and the design/construction of everything is really nice, but the experience was really disappointing. The actual ride should be about 4x as long as it is.

Reactions: JHDK and HecticArt