3DS! Sweet!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
things are looking good!

just went over to gamestop today and preordered the 3ds with pilot wings! u had to put at least $50 down but i figured id just pay full price and get it out of the way. with the game it came out to $307...ehh what can ya do right?

now i dont know if the guy working there was just bs'ing me but he said that without a doubt there would be a unit waiting for me on sunday morning. i seem to remember gamestop sold more pre orders for wii than the units that got, but whatever. the place wont be open at midnight but they said they open early this sunday...at like 9am i think, to start selling the 3ds. i dont have to be at work till 4pm so im gonna be at the store a solid 30mins to an hour before they open.

sweet!!!!!! sunday cant get here soon enough.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I'm probably gonna pick one up just for the hell of it this Sunday but looks like not many good games are coming out.

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
If I see one I'll get it. There is a strange augmented reality card game it comes with that's supposedly the coolest.

Also I've been dying to play a true street fighter game for 10years now and this looks like a good one.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm probably gonna pick one up just for the hell of it this Sunday but looks like not many good games are coming out.

totally right there. everything i read says that the packed in AR games are probably the best for right now. i think along with pilotwings i will be getting lego star wars and thats it until later on.

however, between now and e3 in june there are a ton of awesome titles comming out. there are at least 4 i can think of off hand.

starfox, kid iccuras, zelda, resident evil.

If I see one I'll get it. There is a strange augmented reality card game it comes with that's supposedly the coolest.

Also I've been dying to play a true street fighter game for 10years now and this looks like a good one.

im not a fighting game guy so i wont be getting that but the reviews say its the best of all the launch titles.

the AR games look awesome and just thinking of what there is to come is mind blowing.

I saw that reviewed in PCWorld. It's pretty insane.

damn i cant wait to get this thing. i feel like an 11 year old kid with this stuff. i guess i cant really bust on the apple people for waiting out in line anymore. im gonna be at least an hour early and ive got it pre ordered.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I'm curious about the glassless 3D screen. Current glasses-based 3D technology does not impress me at all.

Plus it has a gyroscope, accelerometer, 3D camera...it will fluff your pillow and toss your salad! :eek:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm curious about the glassless 3D screen. Current glasses-based 3D technology does not impress me at all.

Plus it has a gyroscope, accelerometer, 3D camera...it will fluff your pillow and toss your salad! :eek:

that camera totally blows and is the same one u had on ur phone 5 years ago. only 0.3 MP. what it is good for is the AR games where most of the screen is filled by the game so the crappy looking real life background is an after thought.

but i have yet to play ar games...i have played the pilotwings twice. just went back for round 2 at best buy today.

gotta say...the 3d really works well. ive read that some games have things jump out at ya but in pilotwings the player is flying in what looks like an inch deep into the screen and then all the rest of the island and landmarks appear to be somethink like 10 inches deep into the screen. awesome depth to the nintendo 3d.

and i think its really cool how it works without the glasses. check this out:

How Does the 3DS Work Without 3D Glasses?

really cool how this tricks each eye.

i could talk about this forever.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Glasses-less 3D on a hand held device should work much better than on a TV. Only one person is using it at one fixed distance, so you can probably dial in the distance to your eyeballs and keep it there without too much hassle.

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
totally right there. everything i read says that the packed in AR games are probably the best for right now. i think along with pilotwings i will be getting lego star wars and thats it until later on.

however, between now and e3 in june there are a ton of awesome titles comming out. there are at least 4 i can think of off hand.

starfox, kid iccuras, zelda, resident evil.

im not a fighting game guy so i wont be getting that but the reviews say its the best of all the launch titles.

the AR games look awesome and just thinking of what there is to come is mind blowing.

damn i cant wait to get this thing. i feel like an 11 year old kid with this stuff. i guess i cant really bust on the apple people for waiting out in line anymore. im gonna be at least an hour early and ive got it pre ordered.

Yeah I WANT IT NOW! Nevermind tomorrow.

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
got mine! street fighter is pretty good and the built in games are simple fun times

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
got mine! street fighter is pretty good and the built in games are simple fun times

got mine today too!!!!! there were abput 20 people in line ahead of me when i got the the store this morning. less then i thought.

what games did u get? i got lego star wars and pilotwings. fun so far! i think im gonna post my own review sometime soon....or at least within the next week.

the 3d is awesome!

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
I just walked in and got one. I'm way into street fighter old school and this one is real good. I like how you can just log onto the net and fight real people rather than the CPU. No waiting no anything and it plays just like it did 15years ago. The graphics are real good.

The included "card" games are cool too.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Is it really worth $250? Thats almost the same price as a PS3 or Xbox 360. I just can't see paying $250 plus tax for a hand held.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Good lord, man! How did you stand the ribbing wearing that thing around the community college campus for six years?

Hey! Dont make fun of the virtual boy! I own one!

I have three games: Mario Tennis, Virtual Boy Wario Land, and Red Alert.

I have one controller and the AC adapter.

It was the best $50.00 I ever spent at Wal-Mart.

:bigthumbup:

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
Is it really worth $250? Thats almost the same price as a PS3 or Xbox 360. I just can't see paying $250 plus tax for a hand held.

I'm a Nintendo fag so it is in my mind. Now that I'm in my 30s I just buy them and never play em...although I do like how I can just pick this one up, play a couple rounds of Street Fighter and then put it down. (yeah I pick things up and put them down)

So sad. I have so many AAA games over many systems that never get played more than a couple times before I realize I don't have the time anymore.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I'm the same way although if a big game like Zelda comes along I will make time to play it. I really hope this next one is better than anything they've done. Twilight felt kind of stale.

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
I just downloaded Zelda 1 for the WII. So great. I have it running on my plasma and when I shut down the top menu is burnt into the screen for a day or so.

It's worth it.