2017 Movies & Tv Show

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Today the Bags saw "Guardians of the Galaxy II". Mrs. Bag liked it a lot. I liked it a little.

Then we saw The Mads riff "Walk the Dark Street". We all loved that. TV's Frank thinks I look like Rick Perry. I said that's only when we both wear our smart man glasses.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I usually like everything I watch.
You're much better off than us. Other than Modern Family, there's hardly a scripted network show we like. The only other shows we check out are Mom and Kevin Can Wait. The rest of our non-premium-service viewing is taken up by the various Real Housewives shows (the wife loves them), and HGTV, which is the "background music" of TV.

I got into The Last Man on Earth, but now I watch it on-demand just to see where it's going, but I can't say I enjoy it.

Edit: we also watch This Is Us, but that's on hiatus.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
You're much better off than us. Other than Modern Family, there's hardly a scripted network show we like. The only other shows we check out are Mom and Kevin Can Wait. The rest of our non-premium-service viewing is taken up by the various Real Housewives shows (the wife loves them), and HGTV, which is the "background music" of TV.

I got into The Last Man on Earth, but now I watch it on-demand just to see where it's going, but I can't say I enjoy it.

Edit: we also watch This Is Us, but that's on hiatus.

i'm very similar. modern family, simpsons, last man on earth and this is us are the only network scripted shows i watch. but i still enjoy the last man on earth. i also watch a few network reality shows like survivor, big brother and hell's kitchen. along with these i watch a ton of cable/streaming scripted shows.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
i'm very similar. modern family, simpsons, last man on earth and this is us are the only network scripted shows i watch. but i still enjoy the last man on earth. i also watch a few network reality shows like survivor, big brother and hell's kitchen. along with these i watch a ton of cable/streaming scripted shows.
I find it somewhat surprising that we watch some of the same shows. I watched both the Simpsons and Survivor for a dozen years each. Other network shows I've recently watched (that are on hiatus) include Louie, and the Jim Gaffigan show. I also dabble in Portlandia.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I find it somewhat surprising that we watch some of the same shows. I watched both the Simpsons and Survivor for a dozen years each. Other network shows I've recently watched (that are on hiatus) include Louie, and the Jim Gaffigan show. I also dabble in Portlandia.

i loved louie and watched every episode. he was one of first (post seinfeld) in this now never ending wave of shows loosely based on comedian's lives and was probably the best.

i've never seen gaffigan's show. i've tried to watch portlandia. i'll catch an episode, laugh and enjoy it, but have no real need to watch another.

in the near future i am very much looking forward to the new seasons of house of cards and bloodline. house of cards is my #1 netflix show. bloodline is also very good and i feel underrated.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
The Big Bang Theory will have a spinoff called Young Sheldon in the 2017-2018 tv season, it looks a bit funny.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I finally finished watching Orange is The New Black until season 5 debuts in early June on Netflix.

Next on my watchlist is The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and thinking checkout out House of Cards.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I didn't see Logan in theaters, but last week Logan was released on digital copy and I finally watched it over the weekend and to be honest it was alright. The 2nd half pretty good, but feels like the movie was missing something?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I didn't see Logan in theaters, but last week Logan was released on digital copy and I finally watched it over the weekend and to be honest it was alright. The 2nd half pretty good, but feels like the movie was missing something?

i totally disagree. i thought it was one of the best superhero movies i've seen in awhile. disney makes cookie cutter, production line marvel movies, WB makes simply awful DC movies, to me it seems like the only studio that has even a fighting chance of making dark knight like movies these days is 20th century fox.

i really liked the big reveal with the girl that took about 40 mins to get to. and the dark nature of the flick is exactly what i want in my superhero movies. the end was great. and that little touch at the very end (at the grave) was amazing.

now don't get me wrong, i enjoy a comedy superhero movie like GotG or deadpool. what i don't like is how marvel/disney seem to think they need to make every single movie have this half serious half jokey feel to it. and there was a chuckle or 2 to be had in logan. but overall is was a very serious movie.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
i totally disagree. i thought it was one of the best superhero movies i've seen in awhile. disney makes cookie cutter, production line marvel movies, WB makes simply awful DC movies, to me it seems like the only studio that has even a fighting chance of making dark knight like movies these days is 20th century fox.

i really liked the big reveal with the girl that took about 40 mins to get to. and the dark nature of the flick is exactly what i want in my superhero movies. the end was great. and that little touch at the very end (at the grave) was amazing.

now don't get me wrong, i enjoy a comedy superhero movie like GotG or deadpool. what i don't like is how marvel/disney seem to think they need to make every single movie have this half serious half jokey feel to it. and there was a chuckle or 2 to be had in logan. but overall is was a very serious movie.

I'm not saying it was a terrible movie or totally fantastic, it was alright. Like I said, maybe the film was missing things or I didn't get enough info to me in the beginning of the movie, which was a bit boring. I understand it takes place in the future like 2022? But to me what happened to the other X-Men and why was Professor X hiding out in Mexico, why wasn't he in his mansion where he normally lives? I'll check out Logan again one of the days, the digital copy of Logan I have includes the black and white version, which might be inserting to watch.

I agree WB makes bad DC films, even though I like Suicide Squad the ending was stupid. I'll probably skip Wonder Woman to save my money or unless it a success? I love Disney Marvel films they are absolutely awesome and for Fox the last X-Men movie wasn't great they redeem themselves with Deadpool and they can't get the formula correct with Fantastic Four like Sony Spider-Man. Now Sony and Disney has officially teamed up and hopefully 3rd time is the charm. Even though, Sony wants to cut ties and create there Spider-Man universe.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm not saying it was a terrible movie or totally fantastic, it was alright. Like I said, maybe the film was missing things or I didn't get enough info to me in the beginning of the movie, which was a bit boring. I understand it takes place in the future like 2022? But to me what happened to the other X-Men and why was Professor X hiding out in Mexico, why wasn't he in his mansion where he normally lives? I'll check out Logan again one of the days, the digital copy of Logan I have includes the black and white version, which might be inserting to watch.

I agree WB makes bad DC films, even though I like Suicide Squad the ending was stupid. I'll probably skip Wonder Woman to save my money or unless it a success? I love Disney Marvel films they are absolutely awesome and for Fox the last X-Men movie wasn't great they redeem themselves with Deadpool and they can't get the formula correct with Fantastic Four like Sony Spider-Man. Now Sony and Disney has officially teamed up and hopefully 3rd time is the charm. Even though, Sony wants to cut ties and create there Spider-Man universe.

when logan is going through the comic books (that in the movie's world are actually illustrated accounts of real life events....another touch i liked a lot) you see that professor x accidentally killed the rest of the x-men. he was tricked into it by some super villain. the director wanted to start the movie with that scene but decided it would change the tone of the rest of the movie too much.

and you're right. the last x-men movie sucked. but they more than made up for it with logan imo.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
when logan is going through the comic books (that in the movie's world are actually illustrated accounts of real life events....another touch i liked a lot) you see that professor x accidentally killed the rest of the x-men. he was tricked into it by some super villain. the director wanted to start the movie with that scene but decided it would change the tone of the rest of the movie too much.

and you're right. the last x-men movie sucked. but they more than made up for it with logan imo.

Thanks for explaining that part and now that makes more sense, maybe I missed that line in the movie which would explained the film a lot more to me. Like I said, I'll give Logan a watch again one of these days. At least I understand where they get new mutants from, where that film is coming out next year.

2018 has way to many superhero films coming out next year like Fox new X-Men universe has 3 films which are New Mutants, Deadpool 2 and Dark Phoenix. Disney Marvel has Black Panther, Infinity War and Ant-Man and the Wasp and since DC can't get there films together I believe they only have Augaman so far.

The only superhero films I'm looking forward towards in the next couple of years are Thor: Ragnarok , Deadpool 2 and Infinity War.