2016 Satellite Radio Rates

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
As I posted in a related thread the chat room person wanted me to update an overdue auto billed $214 to activate my OEM. I went with the 99 per year occasional use angle and was refused. They didn't have any current promotional offers so they don't get my money and I'll listen via the phone app til they're ready to deal.

hwkn

Oct 14, 2008
Evanston,IL
I was able to get a deal today[my auto renewal was mid next month]for $135.84 including tax and other charges for a year of the all access package.[the regular price was $299.99]

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I was able to get a deal today[my auto renewal was mid next month]for $135.84 including tax and other charges for a year of the all access package.[the regular price was $299.99]

Yeah, I usually do the All-Access or whatever it now for 50%, but I get a whole year... Essentially I pay for six months up-front, but they give me the other six free.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Yeah, I usually do the All-Access or whatever it now for 50%, but I get a whole year... Essentially I pay for six months up-front, but they give me the other six free.
My credit card was just charged for my annual renewal. The email I had received (back in August) said the total was going to be the $299.99 (including the royalty fee), but I was billed $318. So I called them up, and they told me that taxes are charged on the satellite sub, based on the state where the vehicle is located. I wasn't happy, and after he explained this, I asked if there were any discounts that could be offered for my long-term membership. They gave me the 50% off promotion, so they're crediting me about $160. I'll take that.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Gotta pay your taxes. OH has moderate taxes so I only get dinged a little.
When you subscribe to a service where the provider is out of state, I don't expect to pay local taxes. But if you're going to charge me, put it on the freakin' invoice. Don't send me an email saying "on October 15th, we'll be billing your credit card $299.99", and then hit me for $318.

Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
When you subscribe to a service where the provider is out of state, I don't expect to pay local taxes. But if you're going to charge me, put it on the freakin' invoice. Don't send me an email saying "on October 15th, we'll be billing your credit card $299.99", and then hit me for $318.

Agreed. It should have shown the taxes or at least said "plus taxes".

I believe most states found a way to collect those taxes regardless of whether you expect to pay them or not.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
So I renewed last month, they applied the 50% discount, everyone was happy. We have a 2nd satellite unit in my daughter's car which gets billed monthly. This month it went up $7. So I chatted with them, and for some reason they bumped that radio plan from "mostly music" to the "select plan". I said "bump it back", which they did. WTF?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I recently lowered my subscription to the cheapest Music Showcase plan. I wasn't really ever listening in the car to any channel that wasn't music.