Your Favorite Best & Worst Movies

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Just thought be curious, what is your favorite best and worst movie of all time?

Here are some of my favorite movies by category:

Action – Independence Day
Comedy – Meet The Parents series
Animation – 101 Dalmatians and The Lion King

Couple of the worst movies, I have ever seen:

District 9 and The Human Centipede

So what are your favorite best and worst movie of all time?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Military - The Hurt Locker, Full Metal Jacket
Action - Unstoppable, The Expendables
Comedy - Animal House, Groundhog Day, The Graduate (I guess you could call it a comedy, it had its funny moments)
Drama - The Blind Side
Western - Tombstone, Unforgiven, The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Worst:
District 9
Due Date

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Favorite: The Day the Earth Stood Still (the Michael Rennie version, not that piece of garbage that had Keanu Reeves in it)

Hate: Any of the Star Wars Prequels

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Favorites:

The Godfather 1 & 2
Star Wars
Vertigo
Back to the Future
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
The Breakfast Club
Almost Famous
Hoosiers

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
I'll add a few more to the favorites list:

A Few Good Men
The Shining
The Usual Suspects
The Last of the Mohicans
Fargo
The Big Lebowski
Caddyshack

This list reminds me, I need to do a Coen Brothers avatar week one of these days.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Why all the hate for District 9? I really liked this movie.
It was enjoyable.

My favorite: Star Wars. If you grew up in the 1970s (and were a geek), Star Wars is just part of your soul. It's part of who you are. I'll always be Luke Skywalker in my head. I'd bet that 50 percent of my dreams are Star Wars dreams. It was that big of a deal.

Least favorite: Doesn't "least favorite" still imply that it's a favorite? I dunno. "Super" was pretty bad. There are lots of bad movies.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
I didn't totally dislike District 9, that's why it's listed here. It's just not a big favorite. Apparently they're making a sequel called District 10. If it's anywhere near as WTF as 9 was, it should be at least as good. Avatar was alright despite being preachy and a little racist. Due date had it's moments, but I'm not into Zach Galafakanis to begin with.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
The title is "Your Favorite Best & Worst Movies", which I interpret as "favorite good" and "favorite bad" movie.

Citizen Kane has been my favorite good movie since I first saw it. Everything about it enthralls and moves me. I've seen it at least 100 times. I can quote the whole thing, top to bottom, with music cues.

Road House is my current favorite bad movie. It's over the top dreck, featuring an entirely predictable plot populated with stock characters and hack dialog that tries to shoe-horn some sort of zen bouncer wisdom between the fight scenes. It's embarrassingly earnest, and therein lies its charm. You get the impression that a lot of people enthusiastically polished this turd with their nostrils wide open. Someone actually thought Dalton should say "Pain don't hurt" with a straight face.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
The title is "Your Favorite Best & Worst Movies", which I interpret as "favorite good" and "favorite bad" movie.

Citizen Kane has been my favorite good movie since I first saw it. Everything about it enthralls and moves me. I've seen it at least 100 times. I can quote the whole thing, top to bottom, with music cues.

Road House is my current favorite bad movie. It's over the top dreck, featuring an entirely predictable plot populated with stock characters and hack dialog that tries to shoe-horn some sort of zen bouncer wisdom between the fight scenes. It's embarrassingly earnest, and therein lies its charm. You get the impression that a lot of people enthusiastically polished this turd with their nostrils wide open. Someone actually thought Dalton should say "Pain don't hurt" with a straight face.
I sort of read it the same way he did.

Favorite legit good movie and then favorite bad movie--like, your guilty pleasure movie.